Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL expanding service to Europe (again)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
KLM launching AMS-AUS

In addition to the new DL services being mentioned in this thread, KLM will be launching AMS-AUS service beginning in May 2020.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...-austin-route/
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is this the first nonstop SkyTeam and friends TATL service or does AUS already have AF to CDG or VS to LHR?
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is this the first nonstop SkyTeam and friends TATL service or does AUS already have AF to CDG or VS to LHR?
I think it’s the first for SkyTeam at AMS. No AF or VS. The TATL service at AUS is currently BA to LHR, Norwegian to LGW, LH to FRA, and now KLM to AMS.

AUS has a really nice, new SkyClub too. I’ll seriously be looking at using AUS for a possible TATL trip next year. Hopefully I can find some award mileage space.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: DL DM
First Skyteam TATL. Currently, Lufthansa flies to FRA, BA flies to LHR, and Norwegian flies seasonally to LGW.

EDIT: Got beat my less than a minute.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
I think it’s the first for SkyTeam at AMS. No AF or VS. The TATL service at AUS is currently BA to LHR, Norwegian to LGW, LH to FRA, and now KLM to AMS.

AUS has a really nice, new SkyClub too. I’ll seriously be looking at using AUS for a possible TATL trip next year. Hopefully I can find some award mileage space.
Good luck with the new flight, When DL started IND-CDG I was shocked to discover how much more expensive that routing would have been for me compared to the already expensive MSP-CDG nonstop DL flight.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
Originally Posted by ChrisNH38
Terminal A for DL is impressive at BOS, but there are gate restrictions in some cases that cause bigger planes such as A330s and 767s to 'block' adjacent gates. But I believe the 757s can free roam at any of the gates they've got. That, and distance, may be a reason why 757s dominate at Logan.
There are some gates in BOS which even a 757 is an awkward fit both at the main terminal and the last gates in the satellite recently vacated by WN.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by RobertS975
There are some gates in BOS which even a 757 is an awkward fit both at the main terminal and the last gates in the satellite recently vacated by WN.
Which I imagine they'd reserve for the small planes doing the ORD/DCA etc. flights.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by ChrisNH38
Terminal A for DL is impressive at BOS, but there are gate restrictions in some cases that cause bigger planes such as A330s and 767s to 'block' adjacent gates. But I believe the 757s can free roam at any of the gates they've got. That, and distance, may be a reason why 757s dominate at Logan.
This made me smile as I imagined a small herd of 757s roaming around freely at BOS.
alanstar, jebr, Zorak and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Originally Posted by eneq
First Skyteam TATL. Currently, Lufthansa flies to FRA, BA flies to LHR, and Norwegian flies seasonally to LGW.

EDIT: Got beat my less than a minute.
DL did have a trial run last year for SXSW.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:31 pm

DL tried a FCO nonstop from MSP one summer and it didn't even last to the end of its initially announced very short season.
Well It's rather the opposite.
When MSP FCO was first announced in Oct15 it was supposed to operate 26MAY-01SEP in S16, daily 763.
Then about 2 months before its launch DL decided both to upgrade the route from 763 to 764 and to extended it by 1 more month (last flight was actually on 01OCT).
Maybe they could give it a try again one day in case they get closer to AZ.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHD, MG
Any details on the TPA-AMS season expansion?
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by ND76
I took advantage of the BOS-LGW route in December, 2001, when I was able to get a RT PHL-BOS-LGW and return for $318.00. The eastbound trip was less than 1/2 full, so I got a row of 3 to myself; Delta served some kind of German Sekt in the back; I think I downed a bottle by myself. On the return (which was 6 days before Christmas), DL oversold Y, and I got my first ever op-up to J (in those days, Delta used 767s that had two J cabins). I think there were 5 of us in the aft J cabin, and our own FA, so the trip back was great. This, of course, was 3 months after 9/11, and the authorities at Logan Airport had their security checkpoint workers dress up like SWAT team members (in those days, Delta used Terminal C for its domestic operations).
Actually, it was National Guard, not SWAT team members. I remember National Guard who work at airports for 6 months and after that they pulling out all US airports completely. That's why National Guard is leaving.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Not that, but people with Italian heritages are more likely to be interested in Italy's cultural, historical, culinary, and religious treasures as a tourist destination.

DL tried a FCO nonstop from MSP one summer and it didn't even last to the end of its initially announced very short season.
I think this could be more related to Delta interest in Alitalia vs any interest in cultural, historical, culinary, or religious treasures.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by james318
I think this could be more related to Delta interest in Alitalia vs any interest in cultural, historical, culinary, or religious treasures.
More simply... Italy is the #3 destination for US tourists to Europe and the #4 source of European tourists to the US. No need to overthink it.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by pbarnette
More simply... Italy is the #3 destination for US tourists to Europe and the #4 source of European tourists to the US. No need to overthink it.
That doesn't imply that Italy is the # 3 destination of tourists from every large metro area, nor that tourists from Italy are equally likely to visit any destination in the USA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.