FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Best off-site parking rewards program at ATL (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1988162-best-off-site-parking-rewards-program-atl.html)

IsleOfMan Sep 20, 2019 2:03 pm

Best off-site parking rewards program at ATL

Over the years I've scrutinized and optimized most of my travel program involvement. I've realized lately that one big exception is off-site parking around ATL. I've been using WallyPark ~13 years and never really questioned it. There was a dip in service, especially shuttle regularity, a few years ago but it's crept back to normal and actually improved with the new site construction. Still, I'm wondering if there are better options in terms of balancing price, convenience, and rewards. Do any ATL natives care to chime in? Thanks!

cre95 Sep 20, 2019 2:10 pm

I have been using the daily lot ... covered parking & walking distance have been the selling point. A key pain point is those times that the lot is full or when you get directed to the top which is uncovered yet you still pay the full daily price.

Having said that, I have similarly wondered whether using one of the off-site parking lots would make sense. Benefits I see are:
  • Certainty of space (for those sites that offer confirmed reservation)
  • Getting dropped off right at the curb so you don't have to lug luggage from the parking site
  • Value of reward program
I'll be interested to see what others who have used off-site regularly have to say.

exwannabe Sep 20, 2019 3:25 pm

I am getting more into Uber for long term and on site for shirt term. But previously I used the Parking Spot 1 most of the time. Big plus is they run shuttles very frequently, even very early morning. They do have a rewards program and reasonable prices (particularly if you do not mind parking outdoors). Reservations available, but never needed other than maybe the holidays.

To me, never having to wait more than a few minutes far outweighs a few pennies on the price.

BTW, this presumes going to the domestic terminal. If you need to get to the international terminal, I can not help you.

TiggBro Sep 20, 2019 7:52 pm

I use Park N Ticket

$11 per day for uncovered space. 7th day is free. Pickup and dropoff at your car. Free Coke, Diet Coke, or Water as you are leaving. The points I earn for business travel pretty much subsidize the parking costs for my personal travel.

Only pain these days days is the construction at the South terminal disrupting the offsite parking shuttle pickup/dropoff locations. Hopefully that will get resolved in the next few months.

ATLflyer2017 Sep 20, 2019 9:13 pm

South economy is nice for me. When you can find a spot it’s cheaper and relatively convenient. I enjoy the walk before and after flights but a lot of people don’t. No rewards is the only issue.

melissaru Sep 20, 2019 9:51 pm

Been using Park N Fly (on Conley, the closest to the airport) for years. They give you a free day after every seven. Really like parking in gold/platinum lot (not hard to attain if you stay a few times a month). Unfortunately, all of the shuttles have now moved to the already-annoying Uber area for return from airport, but everyone is in the same situation.

hotturnip Sep 20, 2019 11:01 pm

I've used Parking Spot 2 for years. It's among the cheapest, and even though it's further, it doesn't really matter; you're just spending a little more time in the shuttle and a little less in your car. Service can be "spotty," and I've gotten mad at them a few times for messing up. (One time I pulled up to their office and walked in and chewed out the manager in person.) So I only use them for short stays. They do have a loyalty program, and you can earn free days fairly quickly. They also have lots of discount coupons in the airline magazines and mail (and corporate discount programs). They're cash-free these days.

Longer stays, I use OneStopParking. They're an online broker, and you can leave your car at some of the area hotels for as little as $3.99/day. They let you earn points, too. (They do charge a small service fee on top of the parking charges.) You do have to book and pay in advance, but they're cancellable until 24 hours ahead of time.

For stays of a certain length, or in heavy traffic times, I'll drive to the nearest MARTA garage and take the train in. You don't get points for that! (Except whatever I might get on my credit card.) That's just $5/day plus $5 in MARTA fares.

And for REALLY long stays, I'll take a Lyft to the MARTA station.

RetiredATLATC Sep 21, 2019 12:30 pm

I've always used Parking Spot 2, however as long as we are HBO we've now been using Fast Park and Relax

Tomphot Sep 21, 2019 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by melissaru (Post 31547303)
Been using Park N Fly (on Conley, the closest to the airport) for years. They give you a free day after every seven. Really like parking in gold/platinum lot (not hard to attain if you stay a few times a month). Unfortunately, all of the shuttles have now moved to the already-annoying Uber area for return from airport, but everyone is in the same situation.

Same here, haven’t paid for non business parking in decades. Only complaint is limited parking in the premium area, they should limit to platinums, when I show up on a Tuesday, the spots are usually gone, I then drive over to row 1 so I will be first off.

hotturnip Sep 21, 2019 9:51 pm

I would add that another advantage of MARTA is that it drops you right in the terminal. With all the construction around the airport, traffic is absolute hell, and pickups and dropoffs from the remote parking are inconvenient. With MARTA you just slide right into the building and skip the traffic.

ATLflyer2017 Sep 22, 2019 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by hotturnip (Post 31549921)
I would add that another advantage of MARTA is that it drops you right in the terminal. With all the construction around the airport, traffic is absolute hell, and pickups and dropoffs from the remote parking are inconvenient. With MARTA you just slide right into the building and skip the traffic.

And you can park at MARTA stations for $5/day. Some of them are even covered parking garages. If you live relatively close to a station and aren't short on time this is also a good option.

sky303 Sep 22, 2019 7:29 pm

I use PreFlight. Good location, close to the airport on Camp Creek, lots of shuttles, they don't wait for them to fill up entirely before leaving, all the employees I encounter are great, my corporate rate is 6.83/day uncovered which is a good value. The points program is decent enough (1 point per dollar, 66 points for a free day of uncovered), digital card in the app for entry and exit (which I think other lots have, I've had physical ones in the past), which is one less piece of paper to keep track of/store in the car.

They work for me, but parking is definitely YMMV.

rwarren5 Sep 23, 2019 8:06 am

Originally Posted by TiggBro (Post 31547099)
$11 per day for uncovered space. 7th day is free. Pickup and dropoff at your car. Free Coke, Diet Coke, or Water as you are leaving. The points I earn for business travel pretty much subsidize the parking costs for my personal travel.

Only pain these days days is the construction at the South terminal disrupting the offsite parking shuttle pickup/dropoff locations. Hopefully that will get resolved in the next few months.

+1 for park n ticket. Closest to the airport and 85. Free drinks when leaving, and the points pay for parking on personal travel. Only once or twice in the last year has the shuttle not been waiting to pick up when exiting the airport.

eneq Sep 23, 2019 8:47 am

Originally Posted by jackvogt (Post 31551876)
And you can park at MARTA stations for $5/day. Some of them are even covered parking garages. If you live relatively close to a station and aren't short on time this is also a good option.

This. I just recently moved ITP about a mile from a MARTA station. As long as I time it correctly, I can be from my door to security in roughly 50 minutes, and I don't have to sit in any traffic!

gravityhammer Sep 23, 2019 10:09 am

I use Park 'n Fly on Conley Street. I usually prebook through the website using Rakuten (formerly eBates) to get 3% back. Now if I can figure out when to use my 3 weeks of free parking I've accumulated!

I agree that the new shuttle pickup area is difficult to manage. Does anybody here know ho long that is supposed to last?