SkyClub Benefit at LEX

Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Prfrence
SkyClub Benefit at LEX

SIAP, but my travels took me through the excellent Blue Grass Airport (LEX) this past weekend. After getting quickly through TSA pre-check, I noticed "The Club at Blue Grass"; the sign on the door said that SkyClub members (as well as American Admirals Club and United Club members) were welcome. As it turned out, all I had to do was show the very nice concierge my SkyClub membership on the Delta app, and I was in. At 5 am, all they had out were sodas and coffee, but it was a very comfortable lounge. An unexpected benefit!!!
Old Sep 17, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ND76
SIAP, but my travels took me through the excellent Blue Grass Airport (LEX) this past weekend. After getting quickly through TSA pre-check, I noticed "The Club at Blue Grass"; the sign on the door said that SkyClub members (as well as American Admirals Club and United Club members) were welcome. As it turned out, all I had to do was show the very nice concierge my SkyClub membership on the Delta app, and I was in. At 5 am, all they had out were sodas and coffee, but it was a very comfortable lounge. An unexpected benefit!!!
A few small airports of lounges like this. I think Dayton has one too. It's a nice touch for sure.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 12:16 pm

Wow, is this the only actual benefit of real membership vs. club access provided via Amex?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Isn't this lounge PP too, so that some AmEx cardholders would have access, notably the regular Plat and Centurion charge cards?
Old Sep 17, 2019, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL DM 2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium/Ambassador Elite , Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
They also have a great liquor store past security where you can purchase many different bourbons to carry on
Old Sep 17, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
I used to be based out of LEX and it was a great lounge. The people who staff the front desk couldn't be any nicer. They have a few small private rooms with a desk and chair that are first come first serve. As for the food: it never changes. Its always canned sodas, water and bags of chips etc. Other than that, its fantastic.

I ow live in Dayton OH and have never used their "lounge". It says for BBB members only and since I work for a California based medical company, I don't think we qualify. I've never tried. Full disclosure: no matter the time r day of the week: i can be from the parking garage to the gate using pre check in less than 15 min. Great little airport.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 6:43 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Dayton used to provide this to skyclub members but don't anymore after their renovation a few years ago.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 6:50 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Was here a few weeks ago - nice quiet space.

Took a minute to get in as my access is via Reserve card and I don't have a SkyClub membership card but got in.

Not sure if that is supposed to happen or not.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TommyD2
Was here a few weeks ago - nice quiet space.

Took a minute to get in as my access is via Reserve card and I don't have a SkyClub membership card but got in.

Not sure if that is supposed to happen or not.
Now that there's no real difference between the Reserve card and a membership, I don't see why they shouldn't let you in.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 8:03 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
So they must be providing this as a freebie, since it doesn't come up on the Delta app as a location.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:50 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
The lounge at LEX is awesome. No restroom there tho. The lady that always seems to be there is a retired FA with interesting stories from many decades. Ask her if she knows Richard Branson. I love chatting with her. The lounge is quiet, with sodas, packaged snacks and accessible by elevator. I was there last week and stop in at least once every two months or so for business trips there. This is not an official SkyClub. Once you give the secret password, or are granted access based on your kindly greeting and worthy demeanor, you are in!
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
Now that there's no real difference between the Reserve card and a membership, I don't see why they shouldn't let you in.
I think it is more that the attendant was asking to see my card/membership; I did say the card gets me my membership, but there's no real 'proof' there (I don't expect them to know all of the various ways to have club 'membership' for AA/UA/DL etc.)

Like I said, got in but couldn't really show any 'official credentials.'

They also have Kentucky Ale Taproom which is a PP restaurant/bar which I'll try next time (didn't need any food/beer this trip).
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So is The Club at LEX in PP or not? At least some other The Club lounges are included in the basic ( from AmEx and without the restaurant benefit) PP membership.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
So is The Club at LEX in PP or not? At least some other The Club lounges are included in the basic ( from AmEx and without the restaurant benefit) PP membership.
On the PP app, searching LEX brings no results. I just booked a trip to Lexington and was checking for a lounge. So it must be only some The Clubs are included, like LAS, JAX and MCO.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:45 pm

First it is generic lounge - it is a club - not a The Club.

Dont think PP gets you in. There is a restaurant that is PP but maybe only CSR (dont
remember when The AMEX restriction goes into effect )

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.