Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

10 hr layover in CDG - possible to take an earlier connection or go into city?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10 hr layover in CDG - possible to take an earlier connection or go into city?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2019, 11:43 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
From PHV (Right Bank) to CDG T2 Sheraton in a taxi ordered by the concierge. I requested AC and to be able to pay with an AmEx card. I was told that this is the fixed rate.

I said central Paris because AFAIK it should be tyhe same rate from all of "downtown" Paris and I hadn't thought that my hotel choice would be anyone's business but my own.
Of course hotel choice is your own business, asked about the area only, to try to understand why you were charged an odd amount.

Central Paris is not really used because you could be on one side of the river and it will cost you 50 Euros, and literally going across the river would cost you 55 Euros, and both locations are right in the center of the city.

It could be that a convenience fee was added to your ride if the taxi company charges for a short notice request, but this is not charged by the driver.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:04 am
Used to be FlyingMedallionDL
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Delta Reserve and 1.2 MM
Thank you so much to everyone! Delta flyertalk does it again. You guys know how to travel!!! Thanks again for the suggestions. I think I’m going in!
If my memory serves me correctly, some the the AF clubs have lockers, right? I remember KE has them in ICN.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 7:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyingdoc747
Thank you so much to everyone! Delta flyertalk does it again. You guys know how to travel!!! Thanks again for the suggestions. I think I’m going in!
If my memory serves me correctly, some the the AF clubs have lockers, right? I remember KE has them in ICN.
Lockers in an AF lounge won't help you as one only has access at CDG to the lounge in the terminal used by your departing flight and the landside arrivals lounge closes in the early afternoon.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:25 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
There's a storage place landside:

https://easycdg.com/airport-guide/baggage-storage/

Opening hours
06:00-21:30 daily

Prices
• 0 to 6h = €6
• 0 to 12h = €10
• 24h = €15
• 2 days = €23
• 3 days = €31
• 4 days = €39
• 5 days = €43
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
I can vouch for the storage place. It's very convenient and you can just take a cab at the Sheraton right across from it. The only issue is that it can be slow when many passengers are dropping bags as they x-ray all bags, other than that it works really good for a long layover.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SDQBound
I can vouch for the storage place. It's very convenient and you can just take a cab at the Sheraton right across from it. The only issue is that it can be slow when many passengers are dropping bags as they x-ray all bags, other than that it works really good for a long layover.
Do you mean walking through the Sheraton's lobby, past the check in and concierge desks to their back door (or carriage entrance) to get the taxi?
Old Sep 13, 2019, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
There's a storage place landside:

https://easycdg.com/airport-guide/baggage-storage/
The other option I alluded to upthread, which would be helpful if your flight is well after 9:30pm (mine was 11:30pm), is the lockers at Gare du Nord.
https://www.seat61.com/luggage-locke...ckers_in_Paris
https://parisbytrain.com/gare-du-nor...ggage-storage/

It's a little bit of a schlep to the locker area from the metro and RER platforms, so factor that in.

I had a backpack with my laptop and a small duffel, so no way I was wandering around Paris with all that!
Zorak likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Do you mean walking through the Sheraton's lobby, past the check in and concierge desks to their back door (or carriage entrance) to get the taxi?
Correct.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 2:02 pm
Used to be FlyingMedallionDL
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Delta Reserve and 1.2 MM
Hi everyone, just an update. I checked in at the LAX AF counter and asked if they could put me on an earlier connection. They looked and it was wide open. A supervisor came and within a few keystrokes they gave me the shorter connection! They printed new bag tags and boarding passes with the updated flights. They thanked me for my Platinum Status and sent me on my way to the KE lounge.

I will have another trip with an even longer layover so your comments will be helpful on my next trip. This time I won’t ask for a shorter connection;-)
thanks again to everyone!!
obscure2k likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 4:29 pm

Hi everyone, just an update. I checked in at the LAX AF counter and asked if they could put me on an earlier connection. They looked and it was wide open. A supervisor came and within a few keystrokes they gave me the shorter connection! They printed new bag tags and boarding passes with the updated flights. They thanked me for my Platinum Status and sent me on my way to the KE lounge.

I will have another trip with an even longer layover so your comments will be helpful on my next trip. This time I won’t ask for a shorter connection;-)
Congrats!!! It's your lucky day. I've been successful with AF same day changes only once, and it was also done by DL since the flight was a codeshare.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 4:35 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Great news!! Thanks to all for your participation.
Now, it is time to close the thread,
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.