FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Any ideas on this disappearing first class seat (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1986785-any-ideas-disappearing-first-class-seat.html)

apodo77 Sep 10, 2019 8:08 pm

Any ideas on this disappearing first class seat

Last fight of the day and within an hour of departure so wouldn’t think SDC is the answer.

App is not showing anyone upgraded.

Curiosity is getting the best of me. Me and my companion have been 1 and 2 since check in last night. The 1 seat available was about 30 minutes prior to the second screen shot.

Again not mad or upset just bored and curious prior to a slightly delayed flight. ATL-SRQ is the route and was the last flight of the day at 10:30pm.

Same thing happened on my recently completed PHL-ATL segment as well. 1 seat available (were 1 and 2) at T45 and it was gone by T30 with the gids showing no one upgraded.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a0b112647.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...1c0d2295b.jpeg

ryw Sep 10, 2019 8:39 pm

First thought is that it could be a last minute FCM offer that someone took.

Or maybe it was a diamond or platinum member on a BE ticket who the GA assigned to an F seat instead of somewhere in the back of the plane

apodo77 Sep 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by ryw (Post 31512405)

Or maybe it was a diamond or platinum member on a BE ticket who the GA assigned to an F seat instead of somewhere in the back of the plane

I certainly never get those last minute FCM offers and wouldn’t even consider it on such a short flight.

As a DM with the reserve card option 2 would be slightly upsetting.

Ledfish Sep 10, 2019 8:45 pm

Maybe someone already booked in first class SDCing from another flight to this flight.

spudley007 Sep 10, 2019 8:49 pm

Could also be IRROPS to a relatively close airport and this was the reroute.

MCO Flyer Sep 10, 2019 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by ryw (Post 31512405)

FCM offers go away after you check in. If I had to guess, it was probably a last minute SDC or an IROPS pax. The OP's second screenshot shows 5 more people on the list than before so there was probably some sort of IROPS that sent a few people over to their flight.

apodo77 Sep 10, 2019 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer (Post 31512429)
FCM offers go away after you check in. If I had to guess, it was probably a last minute SDC or an IROPS pax. The OP's second screenshot shows 5 more people on the list than before so there was probably some sort of IROPS that sent a few people over to their flight.

I can believe the IROPS but not the SDC. It’s the last flight of the day (late) and it’s not a co-terminal airport.
literally no flights to SDC from that late in the game.

Qwkynuf Sep 10, 2019 10:02 pm

Could also be someone who bought a first class fare but didn't select a seat and/or didn't check in till the last minute.

Zorak Sep 11, 2019 12:16 am

Originally Posted by apodo77 (Post 31512413)
I certainly never get those last minute FCM offers and wouldn’t even consider it on such a short flight.

Is your destination a hub where it could be plausible someone is continuing onward? They might have FCMed the entire journey.

SDC seems unlikely given the hour of the departure unless this is a route that has even later departures, in which case it seems entirely possible someone's schedule freed up sooner than they thought and wanted to catch the flight before their original one. never mind I see you already addressed that.

Or just last-minute booking, it happens...

apodo77 Sep 11, 2019 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 31512784)
Is your destination a hub where it could be plausible someone is continuing onward? They might have FCMed the entire journey.

SDC seems unlikely given the hour of the departure unless this is a route that has even later departures, in which case it seems entirely possible someone's schedule freed up sooner than they thought and wanted to catch the flight before their original one. never mind I see you already addressed that.

Or just last-minute booking, it happens...

I’ll edit the original post as I assumed it was on the screen shot.
The destination was SRQ. An outstation with 6 flights per day from ATL.
Literally no way I am aware a person could SDC to this 10:30 pm departure at the time of the screen shots.

defrosted Sep 11, 2019 3:52 am

Originally Posted by apodo77 (Post 31512816)
Literally no way I am aware a person could SDC to this 10:30 pm departure at the time of the screen shots.

Couldn't you SDC onto this flight if you were on the first flight the next morning? Same day is 24 hours isn't it, not literally the same day?

cre95 Sep 11, 2019 4:00 am

I see that the prior flight scheduled to have departed at 8pm was delayed past midnight so not surprising to have many of these folks move to your flight. As long as they did by 10pm seats would have been available to SDC. So, it seems that FC passengers likely took the last few seats in your flight if that’s of any comfort.

cre95 Sep 11, 2019 4:09 am

Originally Posted by defrosted (Post 31513135)
Couldn't you SDC onto this flight if you were on the first flight the next morning? Same day is 24 hours isn't it, not literally the same day?

You can request an SDC starting 24 hrs prior to your scheduled flight but you can only SDC to flights within the same day of your scheduled travel day.

PurdueFlyer Sep 11, 2019 6:21 am

ATL had over 60 diversions yesterday evening due to T-storms ... odds are fairly good they managed to find one revenue F pax who misconnected and got rebooked onto that flight. Especially a station like SRQ which sees a high amount of paid F as it is ...

Often1 Sep 11, 2019 6:47 am

If booked into F, does not even have to be F. Could be flexible and simply a change or someone who paid the change fee if there was one. Beyond that, consider IRROPS rebooking or SDC. ATL is chock full of D1 passengers connecting to domestic F.