Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will KTN automatically be added to existing reservations?

Will KTN automatically be added to existing reservations?

Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
What i am saying is that It DOES flow through. I have tried it many times. I invite you to make a reservation and then call Delta to verify. Now, there could be exceptions, but I can not imagine why there would be. Delta receives your frequent flyer information pretty much the same way from all originating sources. When Delta receives your reservation (with the SkyMiles number), it populates the information. I make all my reservations through a Worldspan agency and they never send the KTN number as a separate message. (I have asked them)
Is it on file with the Worldspan agency? I know since I added my KTN to Expedia/Orbitz Profile it does come through as part of the booking, but it didn't before that. I try not to book through TA so it's possible this has changed since when I first had to do this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Is it on file with the Worldspan agency? I know since I added my KTN to Expedia/Orbitz Profile it does come through as part of the booking, but it didn't before that. I try not to book through TA so it's possible this has changed since when I first had to do this.
No, as I mentioned previously, they do not send it through separately (it is not stored in my agency profile)
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
delete
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
No, as I mentioned previously, they do not send it through separately (it is not stored in my agency profile)
I was confused caused you mentioned sending it separately. If it was on file it would be sent as part of the original booking. Regardless, I'll remove it from my Expedia profile and see what happens next time. Would be great if don't have to remember to add it when booking through nonDL channels.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:50 am

Travel Agencies are required to provide Secure Flight data when tickets are booked. DL documents a very long procedure which describes what happens when travel agencies do not do so:

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...fpd--faqs.html
Old Sep 10, 2019, 2:20 pm

I just checked in for my wife and I tomorrow. My precheck showed up, wife's did not. Called Delta and it is now fixed.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Colin
try harder
o.k., just saw this and I have to say it is perhaps the worst response ever.

SHAME for even posting this insult!
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:11 pm

I have tried VERY HARD and am still stumped.

Tried IE/Edge and Mozilla both at work and home (4 browsers total in attempting to fill in KTN).

If I open the secure data area and fill in the KTN, the save button does not highlight.

If I type something (anything) in the Redress Number field, then the save button highlights. I delete the dummy Redress number but the save button, still highlighted, does not function to save the KTN.

Again, tried VERY HARD to do this. It simply doesn't work. True for 2 reservations, one next week and one in March.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by tom_MN
I have tried VERY HARD and am still stumped.

Tried IE/Edge and Mozilla both at work and home (4 browsers total in attempting to fill in KTN).

If I open the secure data area and fill in the KTN, the save button does not highlight.

If I type something (anything) in the Redress Number field, then the save button highlights. I delete the dummy Redress number but the save button, still highlighted, does not function to save the KTN.

Again, tried VERY HARD to do this. It simply doesn't work. True for 2 reservations, one next week and one in March.
One thing to keep in mind - for security reasons, DL never displays the KTN associated with a reservation on this particular web page - they only display the text "Secure flight information on file." above the Redress and KTN fields. If you see "Secure flight information on file.", then it is there. If you are still having trouble, call the number in the instructions and have an agent correct your SFPD fields for your reservation.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by yogimax
o.k., just saw this and I have to say it is perhaps the worst response ever.

SHAME for even posting this insult!
be better
Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Best bet is to call and have the CSA add it.

I had 2 KTNs with overlapping valid dates. The first one expired, so I updated my delta profile to the second. However any reservation I had already made had the OLD KTN. As I said CSA was able to easily make it right.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.