Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta will open a SkyClub at Tokyo-Haneda

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta will open a SkyClub at Tokyo-Haneda

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In the meantime, there's a thread in the JAL forum about some closures/renovations of JAL lounges in the international terminal at HND. Lounges in the cluster with the one DL uses seem to be impacted, including possibly the lounge that DL currently uses (Skyview on the fifth floor???). I was hoping to find a clue about the potential location of the new DL SC, but it's not obvious from the linked floorplan of the terminal.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
Same, I am surprised but happy to have been wrong about this.
I too am surprised this is a SkyClub and not a SkyTeam lounge. That said, all of the SkyTeam lounges I've been in have been nicer than all of the SkyClubs I've been in. But if you're a SkyClub member and not STE+/J, I could see how the SC would be better than an STL.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
HND is a fantastic airport and the negative comments in this thread are absolutely misleading and shouldn't be taken seriously. HND will be an upgrade over NRT in every way once DL's SC is up and running.

HND was voted world's cleanest airport on Skytrax for the last few years, for example, and there's even a video from NHK about how dedicated HND's cleaning team is.

Quite frankly, nothing at NRT is remotely worth the longer journey and apparently the now higher likelihood of being stranded there after a typhoon.
ryandc99 and maverickar15 like this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:54 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Has SkyTeam done anything lately? They seem dead-in-the-water. Last press release from ST was June 1 about the KAL chairman as the ST chair as well.

I'm not surprised that DL is opening their own lounge with 7 daily flights. VS operates it's own lounge at LAX with 2-5 flights per day, JNB with two daily. It probably also allows DL to control the experience overall and also the other ST airlines revenue would also help. Just sounds like it will get crowded around the time of the 7 US departing flights and likely quiet all the other times.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I'm expecting a very nice lounge given the high standards of Japan and the heavy competition at HND.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It would be hard to have worse food options in a lounge in Japan than tha current contract HND lounge that DL is using.

As I think I mentioned above, the lounge DL used when it first started HND service was so much better, although it was offered only for business class passengers.

The beer machine reminds me that I was always impressed by the number of apple computers lined up along the windows at the NRT SCs.
What is the current contract HND lounge that DL is using? I could not find it on their airport website.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ftfmdtw
What is the current contract HND lounge that DL is using? I could not find it on their airport website.
IIRC it's at the top level of that escalator area. I think the name might be SkyView, although if so, it would be a very sad and disappointing example of a JAL lounge.

ADDED: I just checked the DL website for a D1 passenger at HND and found two lounges listed:

TIAT SkyLounge, next to gate 111, 4th floor

TIAT Lounge Annex, between gates 114 and 146, 5th floor

I haven't been sent to the gate 111 lounge since the midnight departures from HND, where I remember a rather nice lounge in that location. More recently at HND, I've been sent to the lounge around gate 114, which is on the way to the gates DL uses.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Oct 17, 2019 at 5:51 pm Reason: Typo
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MonAmQB
Definitely the beer machine too!
Must have this!!!
Duke787 likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 5:20 pm

Thanks, MSPeconomist! Nice to know.

Last edited by ftfmdtw; Sep 11, 2019 at 5:27 pm Reason: incomplete initial entry
Old Sep 11, 2019, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
If DL is willing to spend for the quality they did at AUS, I imagine HND is going to be quite a nice lounge - they seem to be upping the average quality of their domestic lounges quite significantly (better food, more attractive interiors). I am quite hopeful that this will be a "crown jewel" for their biggest (?) TPAC airport on their own metal.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
The new HND SkyClub will be located on the 4th floor in the area of the former TIAT lounge; target opening is for July 2020.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:45 pm

Where is this in relation to the contract lounge that DL currently uses at HND? Is it one floor below the curtrent DL contract lounge, accessible through the same set of escalators as one walks from security/passport control to the gates DL uses at HND?

It sounds like the new SC will open in time for the Olympics if everything goes according to schedule.

ADDED: I sure hope this doesn't mean that there's no lounge for D1 passengers at HND until the new SC opens. It's bad enough that GM+ and PS passengers don't have lounge access.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Oct 17, 2019 at 5:53 pm
Old Oct 17, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
It will be in the center area above the duty free shop that's been around since 2011 (not the expanded area that opened in 2014 that's to the left of passport control).
Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
ADDED: I sure hope this doesn't mean that there's no lounge for D1 passengers at HND until the new SC opens. It's bad enough that GM+ and PS passengers don't have lounge access.
I believe they are currently using the 5th floor TIAT lounge.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
I believe they are currently using the 5th floor TIAT lounge.
That’s correct. It’s the one near gate 146. That TIAT lounge is nothing to write home about though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.