Boarding a 1st Rev plane

Old Sep 8, 2019, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Boarding a 1st Rev plane

DL1585 Atl to Mia, Pilot made an announcement at the gate that we will be the first Rev passengers on our brand new plane. I think this is a first for me!
Zorak, mot29, SJC ORD LDR and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 7:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by xychromosome
DL1585 Atl to Mia, Pilot made an announcement at the gate that we will be the first Rev passengers on our brand new plane. I think this is a first for me!
Nice! Looks like you are on this aircraft:

Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
3095 has flown to ATL to enter revenue service:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N395DZ
Does it still have that new plane smell?

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n395dz
Old Sep 8, 2019, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Yep, loving the new plane smell. My seat belt was wrapped up like it came packaged from factory.
ahhh the simple pleasures......
trooper, simplyben and beachmouse like this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
I did it three Mondays in a row when then Shuttle America was pushing out their EMB-175s on the IND-SLC route.
RoyalFlush likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:48 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
I'm jealous! Tonight is my first flight on an A221. Can't ever count on a 1st rev without careful planning, though, so this'll suffice
Old Sep 8, 2019, 11:04 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by xychromosome
Yep, loving the new plane smell. My seat belt was wrapped up like it came packaged from factory.
ahhh the simple pleasures......
What, no pics?
Old Sep 8, 2019, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Dave!! good to see you’re back in form!

best I’ve managed is revenue flight #6 (N284AK, an Alaska 739) on 17 Jan 2018 ... delivery was 28 Dec 2017

Last edited by jrl767; Sep 9, 2019 at 1:10 pm Reason: add relevant jet info
Old Sep 8, 2019, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I did it on couple of NW A330s back when they replaced DC10s.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Zorak
Nice! Looks like you are on this aircraft:

Does it still have that new plane smell?

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n395dz
What does DL do to the plane for the 6/7 days it spends in MCI? Is this where the Wifi gets installed or something?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 5:39 am

Never been on an initial revenue flight, but 16+ years ago I did manage to fly JetBlue on an aircraft that was in its first week of service. Still had that new plane smell.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:15 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
OP, why was the flight delayed?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by jrl767
Dave!! good to see you’re back in form!

best I’ve managed is revenue flight #6 (an Alaska 739) a couple years back
I scored. Brand new 739 on Alaska years ago. It was its 2nd revenue flight per the pilot.
Closest I have ever been.

Been on an A321 on DL where the pilot announced the plane is only a few days in service.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by nystateofmind
Never been on an initial revenue flight, but 16+ years ago I did manage to fly JetBlue on an aircraft that was in its first week of service. Still had that new plane smell.
Back in 2016 I was on a Mint A321 on its first day in service. It had done a BOS-BGI turn and we were taking it to the west coast. Of course upon takeoff, the pilots have a complete communications failure and we end up diverting to ALB. They sure don't build planes like they used to.

-J.
RoyalFlush and hi55us like this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:42 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I got the same announcement (first rev flight) last year on a 737-9 and it was pretty exciting. So new that the IFE map still showed Boeing - ATL as the flight route.

Sadly though a few drunk people definitely made the floor sticky with booze before we landed
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Once I was on a DL 739 flight where the captain announced that it was a very new airplane, although the announcement didn't say that we were its first customers. The short flight, which normally was scheduled on a different aircraft type, seemed to have a combination purpose of training and working out any bugs. IIRC the route was MCI-MSP. Indeed, it did have a new plane smell, similar to a new car smell.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.