Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

2 Million Miles and these are the gifts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, , Delta 2MM & DM UA Gold

Just passed the 2 Million Mile threshold on Delta, and I received a nice note the next day from Delta. Told me I could choose one of the gifts. Rather Disappointed with the selection.

Samsonite 21 or 24 inch bag, value $115
Assorted Tiffany Jewelry, value $100-$185
Tumi Cosmetic, Tote Bag or Wallet, value $125 ish

I saw United had a much better selection, and I believe my 1 Million Mile gift was a bit better. While I should be grateful for a gift in the 1st place, this was just a little disappointing. I thought there was going to be a duffel bag or something from Tumi I could actually use. I guess I will give the gift to someone, because the I am not the demographic user for the Tumi or Tiffany.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Yes, this is disappointing as I am presently at 1.8 M. Has Delta always only given the full size Tumis at 1 Million? Oh well, still gonna go for lifetime Gold, unless they take that away...
Old Sep 7, 2019, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Uncle Lars
Oh well, still gonna go for lifetime Gold, unless they take that away...
they've already taken that away. Now it's "annual" gold
Old Sep 7, 2019, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
they've already taken that away. Now it's "annual" gold
It's always been 'annual' GM. And no history of that sunsetting.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by LegalTender
It's always been 'annual' GM. And no history of that sunsetting.
No, it used to be lifetime gold, and became annual probably 15 (or maybe 20 or 25?) years ago. And yes, no history of it sunsetting yet, but DL enhances their program on a regular basis.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by PHXflier
No, it used to be lifetime gold, and became annual probably 15 (or maybe 20 or 25?) years ago. And yes, no history of it sunsetting yet, but DL enhances their program on a regular basis.
There have been recent enhancements to lifetime lounge memberships.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, MM
Same gift choices currently for 1MM.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 6:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
but DL enhances their program on a regular basis.
Perhaps in the future the MM gifts will be whatever goes unclaimed from lost and found. You might get something good. I left a pair of very nice sunglasses on a flight that were never turned in.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
happy DL gives you a choice of gifts.. AA at 2 million... nothing but 4 SWU
Old Sep 8, 2019, 4:50 am

Location: Just relocated to Phoenix, so I guess that does it for Delta for me
Programs: DL "Annual" GM 2MM, AA lifetime Gold 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Club
Made 1MM many years ago and I got a leather luggage tag from Hartmann. When I passed 2MM the selection was vastly improved, and I chose a nice Tumi computer bag that I would never have spent the money on. I agree the selection has really deteriorated, but as others have said, the true benefit is annual GM status. I retired two years ago and hardly fly anymore but it sure is nice when I do travel to be able to select exit row and other preferred seats along with the other perks.
Tomphot and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 6:22 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Fred 3
I saw United had a much better selection, and I believe my 1 Million Mile gift was a bit better.
This UA 1.8MM flyer received no gift at 1MM and doesn't have high hopes when he gets to 2MM!
Old Sep 8, 2019, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by 1P
This UA 1.8MM flyer received no gift at 1MM and doesn't have high hopes when he gets to 2MM!
The difference is at 1MM on UA, you would have gold for life, plus companion of your choice.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Repooc17
The difference is at 1MM on UA, you would have gold for life, plus companion of your choice.
Wow! Companion of your choice? Are you limited to UA air crew or can you pick from any of their employees? Does UA pay for the relocation expenses or do you have to pay? (Haha)
emrdoc likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:52 pm

Million Miler program isn't "lifetime" either, since it can be scrapped at any time. Same with MQM rollover. "Lifetime Gold" wouldn't survive the dissolution of MM, so DL lawyers re-wrote it to "complimentary annual status." I don't see the diabolic forces.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
AT 1 million I received a Tumi International 4 wheeled luggage. They retailed approx $695. Major devaluation in gifts. Samsonite owns Tumi but not the same quality.
In2ishn likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.