Wiki Posts
Search

iW eBP UIO departure

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
iW eBP UIO departure

I was surprised last week when leaving YYC that somewhere along the way - perhaps security - I could not use the eBP in my iW. I had to dig around and find my phone and hand it to whoever.

What might it be like getting out of UIO? No checked luggage but do I need paper BPs to get through the gauntlet and not just eBP whether iW or iP?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: DL
What is an iW? An Apple Watch?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Yes, I thought the context may this easy to follow the many abbreviations one finds on FT.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: Waffle House DM
Well, it seems YMFP is far too many TLAs for YAJ to understand ... is going on. Did you HUCA?
jdrtravel, jeet and Maglev like this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Considering I return to the USA tonight, my basic question remains whether I must have paper BP when departing UIO.

When I did the check-in, the DL app said no eBP. However, I used my iPad to get a screenshot of my BP which is now transferred to my iPhone.

Will I be able to use the BP screenshot in my iPhone or do the UIO scanner not accommodate a digital BP in an iPhone?

If I have problems getting a paper BP at my hotel, then when is a kiosk available at the airport to print this? Is it 3 hours prior to departure or do they function all day?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
If the app says no to an electronic bp, then I wouldn’t expect a screenshot of the pdf to be accepted.
I’ve never flown from UIO, but based on other intl airports, I’d expect the kiosk to work at least 3 hours prior, maybe longer, especially if UIO has ‘universal’ all airline kiosks.
I get the convenience of an electronic bp, but especially with codeshares, etc, I’ve needed the paper bp to request retro credit too often. I like having a paper bp.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 7:14 am
Original Poster

My memory is hazy, but I think when I fly out of Rio last year that I went through the same process and was able to use at least the printed digital BP or perhaps even the screenshot in my iPhone.
My am flying DL equipment UIO-ATL then on to OKC.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
I flew out of UIO a few years back on DL, and at least at that point, I don't recall any kiosks. There wasn't a super long line at the ticket counter, though, for Sky Priority or regular economy.

Regardless, for UIO (or any Central American or Caribbean airport), it's not a place where I'd cut it close either way - at least not to the extent that stopping at the ticket counter would materially impact my arrival time at the airport. UIO has a bunch of flights that leave late at night back to the US, so the terminal was surprisingly busy at 11 pm.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
How about using real word?

Originally Posted by Xeno
I was surprised last week when leaving YYC that somewhere along the way - perhaps security - I could not use the eBP in my iW. I had to dig around and find my phone and hand it to whoever.

What might it be like getting out of UIO? No checked luggage but do I need paper BPs to get through the gauntlet and not just eBP whether iW or iP?
Itpf it takes more time to understand what you’re talking about because I have to research to know what your talking about, your post is neither helpful. Please use real words
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:32 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Electronic BP <> Screenshot of BP meant to be printed. I wouldn't expect UIO to accept a screenshot of a BP.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SDQBound
Electronic BP <> Screenshot of BP meant to be printed. I wouldn't expect UIO to accept a screenshot of a BP.
It worked in GIG last year, but I have not flown out of UIO since 2001 which was prior to the Apple phase of my travels.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30370308-post13.html
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:37 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Xeno
It worked in GIG last year, but I have not flown out of UIO since 2001 which was prior to the Apple phase of my travels.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30370308-post13.html
GIG <> UIO. They are completely different animals.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SDQBound
GIG <> UIO. They are completely different animals.
Yes, but what is the difference between a printed digital BP and one printed by a ticket agent? Both have barcodes that can be read by scanners.

When leaving GIG, at the first station I used the kiosk printed BP but after that went with the printed digital BP and there was no difference in how the scanners read the barcodes.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 9:55 am
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Why is it so difficult to just use a paper boarding pass? If it doesn't work, don't try to argue why it should. Just accept it.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Well, it turns out that unlike the Rio JW Marriott that said there was no pc + printer available to print BPs for me, the Quito MW Marriott does provide this service and it works well.

So now I have printed BP from the DL web that should get me on through the PP lounge at UIO without looking for a kiosk or someone at the counter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.