Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy MQM with miles?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: Delta. Silver
Oh dear. Very confused again!!

This idea of buying a few M.Q.Ms. by purchasing a ticket using miles would also suit me very well.
I read elsewhere that this is only available for the owners of a certain type of American Express card. As I am not U.S. based, I couldn't get one even if I tried. The boys and girls in the concourse at Atlanta soon give up when they discover where I live.
When I attempt to make a booking through the normal method however, a note suggests that as this is an ''award' ticket
certain rules apply. To the best of my limited knowledge Award Tickets do not accrue M.Q.Ms
Basically, would it work for me or not?

Many thanks
Old Sep 8, 2019, 4:00 pm

No MQMs for award tickets. If you can somehow get a DL Amex card you can buy a ticket with miles called pay with miles. These tickets do accrue MQMs.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle

No MQMs for award tickets. If you can somehow get a DL Amex card you can buy a ticket with miles called pay with miles. These tickets do accrue MQMs.
Other things to consider about the Amex are
1. The Platinum SkyMiles card comes with an MQM signup bonus
2. Any of them come with a free bag and zone1 boarding, same as Silver medallion. Not that it's all the benefits but it is a start. Even a $95 card for the Gold SkyMiles might be better than a 10k mileage run.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.