Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Improvements to Partner Travel with AF,KL,VS,AM, KE and WS

Old Sep 5, 2019, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA

Didn't see this mentioned yet but DL just rolled out a few real improvements to the partner/code-share experience - with ability to check-in for partner-operated flights on the Delta app or at delta.com, as well as the ability to choose seats on some partner-operated flights directly through the Delta App or on delta.com...

https://news.delta.com/five-ways-del...rline-partners

- Check-in is now available through Delta digital channels on AF, KL and VS-operated flights
- We can also now select seats on AF, KL, VS, AM, KE and WS-operated flights! (this to me is HUGE) through delta.com or FlyDelta App...It looks like you can even do it on the short-haul intra-Europe flights on KL and AF...and in all classes of service. I have an AF-operated flight this month and was able to change my seat online through the DL app today...
nwflyboy and mattya9 like this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 2:47 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Is there a new app version that enables this? I'm on Android, app version 4.19.1 (June) and still get the "Oops" message trying to select seats on CDG-LIS. The funny thing is I can select seats on the JFK-CDG segment in the same itinerary, but that's nothing new either, I did that months ago.

Old Sep 5, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
Is there a new app version that enables this? I'm on Android, app version 4.19.1 (June) and still get the "Oops" message trying to select seats on CDG-LIS. The funny thing is I can select seats on the JFK-CDG segment in the same itinerary, but that's nothing new either, I did that months ago.

The press release says:
An industry-leading initiative that enables Delta customers traveling on itineraries that include Air France and KLM flights to select free and paid-for seats during the booking process on the Fly Delta app or on delta.com. Customers traveling with Aeromexico can also select complimentary and paid-for seats after the booking process.
So, I guess it's not quite "there" yet.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 2:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Thanks, missed that detail while skimming
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
I assume that's only for DL ticketed codeshare flights? I have an upcoming flight on Virgin booked on VS stock. Can I manage that flight on the DL app?
Old Sep 5, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
I wonder when this actually was released - I booked SEA-AMS-CPH and PSA-AMS-SEA a couple of weeks ago and I've been able to pick seats (including KLM's intra-EU preferred seats) on both of the non-US legs. I'd wondered if that was a recent fix, as I remember not being able to do that a few months ago.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 6:58 pm

Hopefully they’ve improved the chances of actually getting the seats you’ve reserved. On last three itineraries booked paid Business/Upper Class (as GM] with partner carriers (AF/VS booked as Delta flights), seats reserved many months in advance have been “mysteriously” reassigned a few days prior to flight. Post flight follow-up only results in finger pointing between carrier flown and Delta.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by manacit
I wonder when this actually was released - I booked SEA-AMS-CPH and PSA-AMS-SEA a couple of weeks ago and I've been able to pick seats (including KLM's intra-EU preferred seats) on both of the non-US legs. I'd wondered if that was a recent fix, as I remember not being able to do that a few months ago.
I think they've been talking about it for a few months. I remember reading an article somewhere about how all ST airlines now have certain abilities to access all other ST reservations and rebooking. I presume this is part of that functionality with all of the systems playing more nicely together. sorry so vaguely worded, I don't remember all of the details
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
This was done (and I believe discussed) a few months back.

I'm curious if this helped with my recent IRROPS rebooking (discussed in my thread Good Recovery). There was zero pushback booking me from PHX/SEA/NRT/SIN to PHX/SLC/AMS/SIN.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
I can confirm that trying to select seats on a Delta ticketed, Delta flight number, Westjet operated flight (LAX-YVR) in a few weeks, the Delta website redirects to Westjet and I am able to select seats (even though it costs $13 for normal seats and $33 for exit row).
Any luck getting free seat selection as a DL PL on Westjet?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MarkCron
I can confirm that trying to select seats on a Delta ticketed, Delta flight number, Westjet operated flight (LAX-YVR) in a few weeks, the Delta website redirects to Westjet and I am able to select seats (even though it costs $13 for normal seats and $33 for exit row).
Any luck getting free seat selection as a DL PL on Westjet?
They just started giving their own elites free seat assignments in advance. Before they got a voucher for 4 free picks a year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.