Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Vacations for ski resorts far away from airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2019, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM

Has anyone used the current 2cpm promo for a ski vacation?

My dilemma: I want to get flights to Denver but hotel in the resort. When I bought the packages, in a hurry before the old end of August deadline (grrr), the phones were understandably tied up for hours due to TS Dorian, and the best I could do online was to get the desired flight with the cheapest offered hotel, which is nowhere near where I want to be. I checked the change rules at https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-policies.html. It appears I can change the packaged hotel without a fee so long as the new one costs the same or more, which it would. But I think the hotel booking would have to be delegated by Delta Vacations to Delta Ski Vacations which looks 'related but not the same'. For example, an online chat request for into from Delta Ski Vacations website yielded an email from someone at ski.com, who suggested this could work but Delta would reach out to them to book the accommodation. See https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...vacations.html and https://www.deltavacationsski.com/lodging.

Anybody have experience with this? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SteveTownsend; Sep 1, 2019 at 6:23 am
Old Sep 1, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
The terms of the pay with miles option specifically excludes ski packages. I have no idea what qualifies as a ski package, but I would guess if you have to go through Delta Ski Vacations you may run into issues.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bloc0102
The terms of the pay with miles option specifically excludes ski packages. I have no idea what qualifies as a ski package, but I would guess if you have to go through Delta Ski Vacations you may run into issues.
Thanks for the info. I can still get some limited value by breaking my drive to the resort at a West Denver hotel, since flights get in around 9pm. Just book the rest of the stay separately in or near the resort.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: BA, KLM
Originally Posted by SteveTownsend
Thanks for the info. I can still get some limited value by breaking my drive to the resort at a West Denver hotel, since flights get in around 9pm. Just book the rest of the stay separately in or near the resort.
Although I cannot help you with your actual query, this winter will be the 5th year I have flown to Denver from the UK, which with connections have taken about 14 hrs, and I have always went straight to the resort from DIA. No need if travelling internally to waste the following morning driving to the resort when you could be on the slopes already. It depends how keen you are to hit the mountain I suppose
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dougy Giro
Although I cannot help you with your actual query, this winter will be the 5th year I have flown to Denver from the UK, which with connections have taken about 14 hrs, and I have always went straight to the resort from DIA. No need if travelling internally to waste the following morning driving to the resort when you could be on the slopes already. It depends how keen you are to hit the mountain I suppose
Yes, in the event I got reasonable prices on lodging at various mountains. I'm traveling from NYC. Good luck with your trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.