Wiki Posts
Search

DL 101 to EZE tonight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD, AC
DL 101 to EZE tonight

What happened? They say cancelled due to something with the crew. But no one is giving details.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
It's not cancelled. It's been rescheduled for 730am departure in the morning.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by flyerCO
It's not cancelled. It's been rescheduled for 730am departure in the morning.
Yes I misspoke. Cancelled for tonight at any rate. Ugh.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:43 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Could be a variety of things, unless someone in the crew tells you why any guess is just that. Depending on your status, an email will probably get you some SkyPesos.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 10:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Delta.dumb shows it as delayed under flight status, but flightaware was looking for a while like the flight never existed on Friday (August 30th).

They're up in the air (departure marked as 7:51 am) now, ETA around 6:37 pm into EZE this evening. I don't see any delays posted for the return DL 110 flights, EZE to ATL.

ADDED: Landed at 6:38 pm, although I don't see a gate assignment yet at EZE. I hope they don't get a bus after all of the mess.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 31, 2019 at 3:43 pm
Old Aug 31, 2019, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Delta.dumb shows it as delayed under flight status, but flightaware was looking for a while like the flight never existed on Friday (August 30th).

They're up in the air (departure marked as 7:51 am) now, ETA around 6:37 pm into EZE this evening. I don't see any delays posted for the return DL 110 flights, EZE to ATL.
Flight aware pulls from FAA I believe. Thus its correct for it not to show on the 30th. 31st shows two DL101 ATL-EZE flights .

No real need to delay DL110. The plane normally just sits on the ground all day for the 2030ish departure.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Flight aware pulls from FAA I believe. Thus its correct for it not to show on the 30th. 31st shows two DL101 ATL-EZE flights .

No real need to delay DL110. The plane normally just sits on the ground all day for the 2030ish departure.
I know the plane is find, assuming that it can be recaptured/cleaned/inspected for security and then boarded in under two hours at EZE. For international, I think less than an hour and a half is really pushing it as DL 110 is scheduled for an 8:15 pm departure while DL 101 will land today at 6:40 pm.

However, I wonder also about crew schedules and crew rest. Obviously the morning arrival DL 101 crew doesn't fly back to ATL as DL 110 on the same day, but with just slightly over 24 hours on the ground, if we deduct time to travel to/from hotels and report/preparation time, it's well under 24 hours rest time. AFAIK crew normally spend one night at EZE, not two as for some of the longer TPAC etc. flights.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

I know the plane is find, assuming that it can be recaptured/cleaned/inspected for security and then boarded in under two hours at EZE. For international, I think less than an hour and a half is really pushing it as DL 110 is scheduled for an 8:15 pm departure while DL 101 will land today at 6:40 pm.

However, I wonder also about crew schedules and crew rest. Obviously the morning arrival DL 101 crew doesn't fly back to ATL as DL 110 on the same day, but with just slightly over 24 hours on the ground, if we deduct time to travel to/from hotels and report/preparation time, it's well under 24 hours rest time. AFAIK crew normally spend one night at EZE, not two as for some of the longer TPAC etc. flights.
I've found outstations generally can turn a/c quicker than in US. It might be a few minutes delayed, however doubt much more than that.

As for crew I thought they normally get two nights even on the shorter "long" hauls. However even if only one night, the crew will be legal in time for an OTD next night. Finally, I don't believe hotel drive time gets included as being on duty. There's nothing requiring the crew even stay at that hotel. They could stay with family, etc..
Old Aug 31, 2019, 9:51 pm

Possible they could have flown a dead-head crew on the outbound as well to avoid the issue.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 10:01 pm

I've found outstations generally can turn a/c quicker than in US. It might be a few minutes delayed, however doubt much more than that.

As for crew I thought they normally get two nights even on the shorter "long" hauls. However even if only one night, the crew will be legal in time for an OTD next night. Finally, I don't believe hotel drive time gets included as being on duty. There's nothing requiring the crew even stay at that hotel. They could stay with family, etc..
You're right on the quick turnaround. DL 110, EZE to ATL, left early tonight, even though they had to tow the plane to a different gate.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:10 am

Last night's flight was also delayed, by about two and a half hours. They left ATL just before 1 am; I hope a lounge stayed open. ETA is 11:45 am this morning. It's interesting that flight aware shows them as on time, but gives these departure and arrival times.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Sep 2, 2019 at 7:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.