Wiki Posts
Search

Delta MQM/MQD and OTAs (Like Expedia)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Delta MQM/MQD and OTAs (Like Expedia)

If I book Delta flights on sites like Expedia or Priceline, will I still get MQMs and MQDs? If so, will my earning rate be lower or the same as it would be if I booked directly with Delta? I'm not concerned about the skymiles earning rate.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
It all depends on the fare code - sometimes OTAs will sell "consolidator fares" or "exception fares" which earn at a different rate: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ion-fares.html

If you can get access to the underlying fare code, you can usually determine whether you'll earn based on the usual calculation or not.

There are some past threads talking about this as well, where you might get some useful info:

- Bulk/Consolidator/Exception Fare Question
- Exception Fare Upgrade
Old Aug 26, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
In my experience, the non-earning fares are only those marketed as Expedia Bargain Fares (the blind until you buy option.) On Priceline, they are called Express Deals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.