Million Miler Upgrades

Old Aug 25, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by pogopossum
I'm guessing my two recent upgrades are one-offs through whatever miraculous equation the Delta computers use. So definitely a unicorn and nothing I am going to get used to.
Good approach. Much nicer being surprised as the upgrades tick in rather than being disappointed by expecting them and not getting them.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I’m pretty sure MM doesn’t play a role in upgrades. But it is recognized and often acknowledged and may get special treatment.
Once in a while ... for example a few years ago on an oversold DTW-NRT trip that I was hoping to use an expiring GUC for, the red coat accepted me as a volunteer, gave me the $1000 voucher, and rebooked me in FC to LAX and then D1 LAX-NRT.
Or returning to JFK from Europe and trying to get an earlier flight back LGA-DCA instead of waiting until 8 pm. I was willing to pay the cab, but the agent rebooked me and gave me a cab voucher to get to LGA.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:06 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
I surprised me. Does being a MM make a difference?
PP
Yes,
but I don't care to know why.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: DL-DM (1.75MM), Bonvoy LifeTi, Hertz-PC
My experience: MM does make a difference.

Mrs BHammy is also DM, but not MM like me.
Booking same itinerary:
- she has alphabetically superiority (no tier, but just throwing it in there)
- she has Amex spend
- she booked before me (with my booking moments later) (same fare class)
Yet, EVERY time, I clear before she does.

Called DM desk to verify Mrs Bhammy was properly coded for the upgrade, the confirmed yes. Asked if MM made a difference of me already clearing: "Oh, yes, that certainly makes a difference"
Although, there is no documentation to this policy, I believe that MM status does have an impact on priority upgrades.
In a couple years, Mrs Bhammy will have MM status, and we'll see then how things play out.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1MM, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Update:

My upgraded LAX-MSP flight was one of the nicer in quite a while. But then I don't get upgraded to FC too frequently (usually #1 with 0 remaining or #27 with 0 remaining ) There were open seats in Comfort+ and over 70 seats free in the back (757-300). I am guessing a 5 pm Tuesday LAX-MSP flight is a good choice for a potential Gold upgrade, MM disregarded. Service from the MSP based crew was great.

PP
miraclebear2003 likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:34 am

I know there has been a great deal of discussion on this forum regarding upgrade priority. As a recent MM, but only a Gold, I've gotten upgrades to FC three days before departure on my most recent flights. Granted, they are mid-week but the LAX-MSP upgrade has really surprised me. Does being a MM make a difference?
PP
A friend of mine who is an FO recently got an upgrade to F at the window on the midweek SEA-MSP ~6am. Its summer and occasionally you get some flights that are medallion light that normally would have 50 deep upgrade lists. I wouldn't read too much into your upgrade.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.