Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA /crew /pax wrong or right ?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Interesting that if the Supervisor accepted the new seating arrangement then surely it cannot be that an exit seat or a different class was involved. There is more to this story for surely the Captain would have also asked the Supervisor about the issue too.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXP...couple hotels and cars too
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
If the flight attendant really was being that ridiculous, the captain probably made the right call. He needed to remove her from the flight and he probably couldn't just conjure up a replacement (is DTW a skywest FA base?)
I think this was the crux of the whole situation.

Once the FA had screwed the pooch, the captain had very limited actions.

He had a pax that had done nothing wrong, so he could NOT remove them...thus he was faced with removing the FA- who was the root cause. And that, sadly. took the extra 3 hours.

While the pax MIGHT have done something different, to alter the course of the future events, they arent travel savants....and cannot be blamed for knowing what to do because an FA will be nuts. The Pax, IMO, were blameless.

And the captain agreed.

cre95, kimberlyrose, wrp96 and 4 others like this.

Last edited by Exec_Plat; Aug 19, 2019 at 9:35 pm
Old Aug 19, 2019, 10:53 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Whether the story is true or not I dont support taking pictures of people and posting them online BEFORE the allegations have been proven true. From now on this FA and pilot will be associated with this story even if it comes out to be 100% false.
What precisely do you think indicates that a story is "proven true?" Is there a roving Social Media Judge I'm unaware of that certifies things prior to them being posted?
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 10:59 am

The rule I have always lived by is onboard the crew has all the power. But once we land I have the power to write in to DL and let them know if one of their employees needs additional training or something more serious. Very often with an employee it is not an isolated incident and DL can deal with poor apples if they are notified.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: UA
Could the pilot have timed out and that is why new crew needed?
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Why this picture? It's not the current DL FA uniform.
it is what was shared by the OP.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
Exactly. Not even a real Delta crew.
it is what was shared by the OP.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:31 am
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
I kind of lost respect once they included the buzz word "bigotry". They just threw out some words with the intent of being shocking.
It seems like the FA was in the wrong. All passengers involved were willing to switch so there shouldn't have been an issue. I'm not quite sure why they deboarded the flight and delayed everything. I highly doubt anything will come of this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I am afraid this post will split its audience into either 'what a mess the FA made' or 'someone else likes to earn some bucks by the help of social media' teams.

Tempted to be part of the first team but I think it might have been approbate to raise the issue via customer service with Delta at first instance and bring it on social media if there was no/ a bad response.

In any case, I guess we'll never will know what really happened and as usual in the life the truth is somewhere in the middle,.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Even if a FA made a mess of it, her photo (assuming that's what it is) shouldn't be plastered over the internet.
KBMIFlyer and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Obviously missing the other side to this story. To be brutally honest I lost interest the second the author played the race/discrimination card as this is almost definitely not relevant to the story and just a way for the author to victimize him/herself further.

At any rate, my guess is that people were trying to go from Y- to C+ or something of that nature. Either this or they were trying to place the 'nonverbal' brother in an exit row for which he would have been unqualified. Possibly a weight and balance issue being that this was a regional, however if it was really only 1 row apart I doubt this would have been the case.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA1K, QF Plat, *A & Marriot Gold, OW Emerald, Hyatt Hertz PC CanPass Nexus APEC Global Entry
Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
on the other hand, we can always count on certain parts of the flyertalk mob to blame everything on the kid and the parents.

not a blame on the parents but if you know there are special needs and buying selected seats can solve a potential issue. Be proactive and select 2 seats with advanced purchase. Enough things happen that we can’t control , have your ducks in a row on what you can control

and there are usually 3 sides to every story
LoungeLizardHugo likes this.

Last edited by Jimmie Jet; Aug 19, 2019 at 12:04 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by arttravel
Could the pilot have timed out and that is why new crew needed?
I would guess that the pilot tried to get a replacement FA, but one couldn't be found before the entire crew timed out (or they would have not been able to operate the next leg, etc) so they brought in a whole new crew from the nearest skywest base.
KBMIFlyer and nancypants like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Jimmie Jet

not a blame on the parents but if you know there are special needs and buying selected seats can solve a potential issue. Be proactive and select 2 seats with advanced purchase. Enough things happen that we can’t control , have your ducks in a row on what you can control

and there are usually 3 sides to every story
There's no evidence that this isn't what happened. The post implies they didn't find out their seats had been separated until they got to the gate.

Yes, it's possible they bought BE and didn't make arrangements in advance, but as FlyerCO pointed out, it doesn't matter, they are still entitled to get seating together and the airline is required to do whatever they need to in order to make it happen. Harping on this point is 100% victim blaming. It lets the actual responsible party off the hook.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by nystateofmind
They probably booked Basic Economy seats which did not come with advance seat selection
I would assume not because they arrived from Europe from the post. If the entire trip was domestic, I would be inclined to agree but in this case it is less likely.
I agree the crew should not have their picture plastered over the internet. I also think that it is curious that a FA even noticed that they switched seats if they were in Y. If they were in J, then I can see her noticing that the genders do not match the manifest but I find that FAs could care less as long as people are seated and not causing a disturbance and arent poaching a seat(and sometimes they dont care about that either).
Definitely missing details and the pilot was right in this case as they are ultimately responsible for not only the passengers but the actions of crew as well.
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.