Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Confirmed instrument-supported upgrades slow to show on PNR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

In the past, when I've cleared an upgrade, either at/after my DM window for a free elite upgrade or when my GUC or DL miles supported request clears from a waitlist, AFAIK it is immediately reflected automatically on the PNR. Also, I could immediately change or pick my seat in the higher cabin, either D1 or FC. I'm talking about DL operated and DL operated flights on DL ticket stock, so partner issues don't arise.

However, on my last two international trips, I only learned about the upgrade having cleared when I called to ask about upgrade inventory and to have the agent double check that the request was done correctly. In both cases, apparently the upgrade request looked fine, but the agent still seemed to do something on the phone before I could see the upgrade and new seat (or new seat map) myself on delta.dumb.

In one case, I was using a GUC and D1 on the the long international segment had been confirmed at the time of booking, so two domestic FC seats were at issue. In the other case, I was using a *mileage upgrade award* to upgrade from PS to D1 for 45,000 miles TPAC.

Has anyone else noticed this? Has DL changed something about the way instrument supported upgrades are processed from the waitlist (well before the day of departure)? I don't think either of these instances were a case of upgrade inventory being available and needing an agent to correct the request.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.