Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Earning MQD's on Air France flights with ticket bought on Delta

Earning MQD's on Air France flights with ticket bought on Delta

Old Nov 24, 2021, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Jay00848
How many MQD's do you get on AF 11 (JFK to CDG 3,637miles) when you buy it as a delta flight number in economy but then because of the GUC that was applied it is now ticketed as the AF11 in business Z class. Will I get it based on the actual fare cost of $375 or do I get it based off the ticket based of % of miles traveled.
Technically you earn base on what you paid for..
DCAhome likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2022, 5:00 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Gold, SQ Gold, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Discoverist, HH Gold, Avis 1st, Hertz #1G
I am trying to understand a recent MQD credit I received on AF1717 from DUB - CDG in D. The mileage is calculated at 489. I received $98 but shouldn't .40 of 489 be $196? What am I missing here?
Old Jan 15, 2022, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Scratchstar
I am trying to understand a recent MQD credit I received on AF1717 from DUB - CDG in D. The mileage is calculated at 489. I received $98 but shouldn't .40 of 489 be $196? What am I missing here?
Looks like it's based on a coach booking class at 20%. Was it part of a longer itin (and were you actually booked in the business cabin on flight)? You can purchase business class fares where the shorter segments are booked into coach if there's no bucket availability in business on them.
Old Jan 16, 2022, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Scratchstar
Did you upgrade via AF OLCI? If so you only earn based on the Y fare you paid.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.