Wiki Posts
Search

Delta flight standby list dl1902

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Delta flight standby list dl1902

Hi!

Tomorrow is my first time flying with Delta.
I have tomorrow morning a flight from New York (La Guardia) to Tampa (DL1902). There are 21 remaining seats and it says I’m the 6th n 7th in the list.

Will I get my seats?

Thank you.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 5:00 pm

Did you buy a ticket or are you flying on a pass?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

I bought the ticket and already checked in. Just says my seat will be given at gate.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 5:05 pm

Then there will be no problem.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

I hope so. Thank u!
Old Aug 9, 2019, 5:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Bossbbb
I bought the ticket and already checked in. Just says my seat will be given at gate.
Welcome to FlyerTalk!

I'm guessing you bought a Basic Economy ticket. If so, it's confusing but that's just how DL displays the info -- you appear as if you're on the standby list, but you are confirmed on the flight and should have no problem as davie355 said.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 5:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, MM; Marriott Plat
Expect to move lower on the list as more folks check in but with a purchased ticket you are good no matter how high your number gets, as previously mentioned.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 6:19 pm

You are guaranteed a seat as long as you are at the gate by T-15. If the flight is oversold then DL must ask for volunteers before they deny anyone like you who is confirmed. In my experience the compensation will keep increasing until enough volunteers come forward so you should be good to go.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 8:20 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
The terminology Delta uses, and the way it displays standbys and basic economy seat assignments is confusing. What's shown as a standby list is really a combined list of (1) people flying standby (they're ticketed on a different flight and are waiting to see if there are open seats left for them to take this flight); and (2) people who bought basic economy ticket and are waiting for a seat assignment.

It sounds like you're in situation 2. You already purchased your (basic economy) ticket for this flight and are awaiting your seat assignment, which will happen at the gate. (The gate agent will manually assign you a seat and will page your name to get your boarding pass when they're done; or if you have the Delta app, your seat assignment should show up there once it's assigned. Some airports with the monitors will also show the first 3 letters of your name and you seat assignment). As more people check in (or go on actual standby), your position on the list may change. But no need to worry - as long as you're there before T-15 you'll have a seat!

Delta really should separate out the "standby list" and "awaiting seat assignment list" to eliminate this confusion, but there's probably some technical hurdle for them.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The standby list also includes NRSAs trying to get onto the flight, but they're entitled ot premium cabin seats if available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.