Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

why am I on the number 12 on the standby list if my reservation is "confirmed"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

why am I on the number 12 on the standby list if my reservation is "confirmed"?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:59 pm

This is all great advice under normal circumstances but yesterday was a total melt down day. There were lines everyplace. I am a DM and had zero luck with a call back. The only thing I was able to do online was buy a new ticket.
That I only got thru determination. Just kept hitting the search button until I got lucky. An agent I know at Lga said it was as bad as she had ever seen. Summer so staff on vacation weather up the entire coast.

Op. If you are confirmed you will either get a seat at check in or at the gate. They might need to ask for volunteers to free up seats.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
Also if you are near any of the red Delta Assist phone banks in the terminal, those phones bypass the usual hold time queue. You'll reach an agent more quickly than simply calling in from your own phone, unless you've got good status.
Nope, those don't work in a major meltdown either!

Originally Posted by tennessetom
This is all great advice under normal circumstances but yesterday was a total melt down day. There were lines everyplace. I am a DM and had zero luck with a call back. The only thing I was able to do online was buy a new ticket.
That I only got thru determination. Just kept hitting the search button until I got lucky.
Yup, this is what happened to us during a major DL(-specific) meltdown. We set up a "war room" at the gate at 1 in the morning with a laptop and iPad, searching and refreshing and hoping and praying. But we could only find flights from PHL, it was that bad (and on UA )
While DL had rebooked us 3 days later, I couldn't even get through on the phone before that flight to cancel that reservation out of courtesy (to be fair, I didn't have status at the time). Fortunately our return was on a separate reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.