Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Flying from Kulala Lumpur to Phuket, middle name not on ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying from Kulala Lumpur to Phuket, middle name not on ticket

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Question Flying from Kulala Lumpur to Phuket, middle name not on ticket

Hi

I am flying from Kuala Lumpur to Phuket on an Indian passport.

My First Name/Given Name has my middle name in the passport (i.e. Nadia Jane). In my ticket I have only added First Name as Nadia and Surname the way it is. My second name or middle name is not mentioned in the ticket.

Has anyone flown this route and had a similar situation? Do i need to add my second or middle name in the ticket as well?

My Krabi to Bangkok and Bangkok to India flights also don't have my second name, just first and surname.

I am sorry for repetitive questions in this forum, but I couldn't find a case with the same country combination.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Best Wishes,
Nadia
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Hi Nadia,

I rarely have my middle name on my ticket. Occasionally, when my ticket is an AF ticket, my first and middle name will be merged, firstmiddle last, no space between my first and middle. I've never had a problem with US or French customs/immigration/security. I recently flew PG KUL-USM and my middle name was not on the boarding pass, and no problem. Best of luck and have a wonderful trip!

-Weekend Away
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:58 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
I never put my middle name on tickets, never had an issue
Old Aug 7, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
I never put my middle name on tickets, never had an issue
Same here including when I went to Phuket.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 8:26 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I too believe the airport at Kulala Lumpur will not mind....
but I hope you will be able to find the Kulala Lumpur airport...

ps: sorry could not help it....
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: DL PM, 2 Million Miller
How is this related to Delta Airlines?
FlyingNone, jaimemayo and CO-PLAT like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Nadia Gomes
Hi

I am flying from Kuala Lumpur to Phuket on an Indian passport.

My First Name/Given Name has my middle name in the passport (i.e. Nadia Jane). In my ticket I have only added First Name as Nadia and Surname the way it is. My second name or middle name is not mentioned in the ticket.

Has anyone flown this route and had a similar situation? Do i need to add my second or middle name in the ticket as well?

My Krabi to Bangkok and Bangkok to India flights also don't have my second name, just first and surname.

I am sorry for repetitive questions in this forum, but I couldn't find a case with the same country combination.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Best Wishes,
Nadia
Regional carriers in Southeast Asia generally do not require middle name matching for generally western sounding names (or western passports). If your name is actually Nadia (Jane) Gomes, you shouldn't have any trouble.

I've seen this be a problem for Vietnamese, Thai, Chinese - though it can usually be corrected without a fee with a lengthy visit to the ticket counter before checkin.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for taking the time out and responding to a question that is probably asked over and over again on this forum.

I feel more confident to travel now
​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.