Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Connection Consolidating, ending partnership with GoJet/Compass

Old Aug 6, 19, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver

A leaked memo confirms Delta will not renew its contracts with GoJet or Compass Airlines. Delta Connection will be operated by just three carriers by 2022 or earlier. Endeavor, SkyWest and Republic will each have their own geographic areas in hopes of improving performance. Delta owns Endeavor, owns part of Republic and has a long history with SkyWest.
https://www.reddit.com/r/flying/comm...to_3_carriers/

Relatedly, Endeavor today announced the addition of 20 aircraft by June 2020: 7 brand new CRJ-900s and 13 CRJ-700s from an existing Delta Connection carrier (has to be GoJet. GoJet's other 7 CR7s are under contract through 2022 but Delta is trying to get out of that.)
https://edvonthefly.com/2019/08/06/e...ed-for-growth/

Unclear where GoJet's 7 CRJ-900s or Compass' 36 E175s are going. The E175s are owned by Delta. The CR9s are Nordic Aviation Capital and sounds like are being replaced one for one with new builds at Endeavor.

Last edited by DLASflyer; Aug 6, 19 at 11:45 am
Old Aug 6, 19, 1:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
I won't miss CP because they seem to have never-ending maintenance issues. It gets really old after a while.

I'm thinking that CP's E175s will go to OO since OO serves both LAX and SEA where CP is located. Never heard of GoJet before. I'm guessing they don't do anything with ATL, SLC, or SEA.
ExArkie and JAeX like this.
Old Aug 6, 19, 1:04 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DLASflyer View Post
A leaked memo confirms Delta will not renew its contracts with GoJet or Compass Airlines. Delta Connection will be operated by just three carriers by 2022 or earlier. Endeavor, SkyWest and Republic will each have their own geographic areas in hopes of improving performance. Delta owns Endeavor, owns part of Republic and has a long history with SkyWest.
https://www.reddit.com/r/flying/comm...to_3_carriers/

Relatedly, Endeavor today announced the addition of 20 aircraft by June 2020: 7 brand new CRJ-900s and 13 CRJ-700s from an existing Delta Connection carrier (has to be GoJet. GoJet's other 7 CR7s are under contract through 2022 but Delta is trying to get out of that.)
https://edvonthefly.com/2019/08/06/e...ed-for-growth/

Unclear where GoJet's 7 CRJ-900s or Compass' 36 E175s are going. The E175s are owned by Delta. The CR9s are Nordic Aviation Capital and sounds like are being replaced one for one with new builds at Endeavor.
Word is that 30 of the CP ERJs are heading to Republic, and 6 are going to SkyWest.
Old Aug 6, 19, 1:11 pm

Compass ending partnership with DL Summer 2020

Heard it through the grapevine that this was announced today. To my understanding, DL owns the planes but leaves staffing to Compass to run West Coast routes.

Compass is already in final negotiations with a new partner.

Mods, please delete as there is an existing thread

Last edited by discoseal; Aug 6, 19 at 1:18 pm
Old Aug 6, 19, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
GoJet is mainly at DTW (may have some LGA services as well)

I'd like to say that that SEA will see more A220s as the CP E75s depart, but I'm just the FT armchair fleet deployment/utilization manager
Pittie Pup likes this.
Old Aug 6, 19, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
GoJet is mainly at DTW (may have some LGA services as well)

I'd like to say that that SEA will see more A220s as the CP E75s depart, but I'm just the FT armchair fleet deployment/utilization manager
they aren't actually leaving, they will going to Republic/Skywest.
Old Aug 6, 19, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
CP has a fairly large presence in SEA; OO is small-to-medium, and to my knowledge YX is nonexistent ... what has not been stated is whether OO/YX will also take over some of CP's routes along with the jets
Old Aug 6, 19, 1:52 pm

Programs: Delta, JetBlue, Marriott
What's interesting is I believe Compass was started by PMNW to fly the E-70/E-75 jets. Do they even operate on behalf of any other carrier?
Old Aug 6, 19, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Silver
Originally Posted by EBiafore99 View Post
What's interesting is I believe Compass was started by PMNW to fly the E-70/E-75 jets. Do they even operate on behalf of any other carrier?
Compass is currently doing E175 flying out of PHX for American too. But only 20 frames so the company is losing 65% of its flying. Still based in MSP but all of their flying is out west.
Old Aug 6, 19, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL Plat
Originally Posted by EBiafore99 View Post
You are correct. Their inaugural flight was MSP-DCA I believe on CRJ200. This was just to keep the operating certificate of the previous airline. (I don't recall that, but a quick search would turn it up)
Old Aug 6, 19, 2:19 pm

Programs: Delta, JetBlue, Marriott
Originally Posted by DLASflyer View Post
Compass is currently doing E175 flying out of PHX for American too. But only 20 frames so the company is losing 65% of its flying. Still based in MSP but all of their flying is out west.
So do we have another Comair in the making?
Old Aug 6, 19, 2:38 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
CP has a fairly large presence in SEA; OO is small-to-medium, and to my knowledge YX is nonexistent ... what has not been stated is whether OO/YX will also take over some of CP's routes along with the jets
SkyWest said it would be concentrating out west, becoming the primary "if not only" Delta Connection carrier at LAX, SLC and SEA. So it would seem like OO will pick up CP flights in the west, and YX will back fill some of OO's eastern flying.
Old Aug 6, 19, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by james318 View Post
You are correct. Their inaugural flight was MSP-DCA I believe on CRJ200. This was just to keep the operating certificate of the previous airline. (I don't recall that, but a quick search would turn it up)
It was Independence Air who folded in 2006. NW bought the operating certificate and created Compass.
crank1225 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 19, 3:44 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR View Post
I won't miss CP because they seem to have never-ending maintenance issues. It gets really old after a while.
You haven't flown SkyWest in a while, have you?
Old Aug 6, 19, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by DCP2016 View Post
You haven't flown SkyWest in a while, have you?
I did last week from SLC - GJT - SLC on a CR2 and it was fine.

Search this Thread