Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Kenya Air Awards using Delta Miles Hacks

Kenya Air Awards using Delta Miles Hacks

Old Jun 29, 2023, 11:15 am

Trying to book VFA-CPT or vice versa on KQ but neither DL nor AF/KL FB show this route at all. EF shows 4 seats though. Has anyone had success booking this sector with DL or AF? Any idea how to do so or how much it might cost?

Thanks
Ijones027 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 10:39 am

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
I'm curious if there is a sweet spot to booking DL award seats in J PDX-NBO. With their expanded partnership with KQ I thought maybe it would be clear, but it isn't.
Spanning two months, I am unable to find anything even the JFK-NBO direct on DL. Further, I can't get any awards at all through CDG on AF or through AMS on KL. We could do two awards, one PDX-JFK and a separate JFK-NBO if it is possible, but struggling to find any returns online.

I can follow the advcardinalkid1891 above, but wondered if anything had changed.
Essentially, sitting on a boatload of Skymiles, and hoping to get PDX-NBO, either through JFK and direct down, or through Europe. Anyone have any ideas? Ideally looking for 2 seats in J and 3 in Y.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 2:56 pm

Just want to add another data point. As of today you still can't redeem DL Skymiles on KQ. This is what I got from their online chat support: At this time Kenya Airways is not accepting Delta Skymiles to use on their inventory. Please understand that the other carrier must allow this benefit and Delta has no way to force the carrier to accept Delta Skymiles.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by ehche
Just want to add another data point. As of today you still can't redeem DL Skymiles on KQ. This is what I got from their online chat support: At this time Kenya Airways is not accepting Delta Skymiles to use on their inventory. Please understand that the other carrier must allow this benefit and Delta has no way to force the carrier to accept Delta Skymiles.
That is a bunch of made-up nonsense (which is typical of Delta chat agents). No one accepts skymiles (which are worthless). Delta pays a negotiated rate in cash (real money) to the other carriers for award bookings, as is the case in SkyTeam and other alliances. DL deducts its worthless SM from your balance when you are ticketed. That has nothing to do with what the other carrier is paid. They are paid a negotiated rate in real money for the ticket.
slowly likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2023, 11:38 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.3MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
I dont understand why people keep using chat support lol
Old Nov 22, 2023, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by RealHJ
That is a bunch of made-up nonsense (which is typical of Delta chat agents). No one accepts skymiles (which are worthless). Delta pays a negotiated rate in cash (real money) to the other carriers for award bookings, as is the case in SkyTeam and other alliances. DL deducts its worthless SM from your balance when you are ticketed. That has nothing to do with what the other carrier is paid. They are paid a negotiated rate in real money for the ticket.
I am more of an AA/OneWorld person and not that much into DL and Skymile in general (only trying to find ways to deplete the miles I have from an old AMEX transfer), so have no way to verify what the agent told me. That said, the first agent I chatted with couldn't pull up anything on KQ so she escalated the request to a so called "global ticketing support" group and the response was from them.
Old Nov 22, 2023, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by ehche
I am more of an AA/OneWorld person and not that much into DL and Skymile in general (only trying to find ways to deplete the miles I have from an old AMEX transfer), so have no way to verify what the agent told me. That said, the first agent I chatted with couldn't pull up anything on KQ so she escalated the request to a so called "global ticketing support" group and the response was from them.
GTS (global ticketing support) is not what it used to be. Now it is a bottomless pit of ignorance and absolute hatred for the customer (i.e., the embodiment of DL management's view of customers as it's #1 source of all problems).

KQ does not show up using the GUI system default settings, that agents are forced to use and even untrained GTS agents use. I believe they have to select SkyMiles/Direct Access and search for it in a different way than normal awards. I know it's been posted here before, step by step, of how to do it for KQ.

In short, you just got a bunch of ignorant agents whose only mission was to get you off the phone/chat ASAP. They either don't know, have forgot or haven't been trained (most likely the latter) on how to search for KQ awards, so they just give you whatever answer they think will make you go away. KQ awards are there and bookable. You just need to find a willing agent and tell them to "select ___ tab, click ___, check __ and ___, uncheck __, and make sure to click on ___ (and NOT ___)" type of instructions step-by-step. You have to know how the DL systems works - that is YOUR job as the customer (in DL management's view, that is), as DL's own employees sure don't. Remember, with DL it is YOUR job to train the DL employees how to do their job; DL does no training and has no documentation for the agents to refer to, so you have to know to tell them every step of the way of how to do their job.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 7:59 am

Programs: Marriott BonvAnnoyed
Originally Posted by abcx
Trying to book VFA-CPT or vice versa on KQ but neither DL nor AF/KL FB show this route at all. EF shows 4 seats though. Has anyone had success booking this sector with DL or AF? Any idea how to do so or how much it might cost?

Thanks
Any luck finding out this info? I am in the same situation with boat load of useless sky miles. Cash prices are $250 or so so wondering if it's even worth to call their useless support.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by ali7204
Any luck finding out this info? I am in the same situation with boat load of useless sky miles. Cash prices are $250 or so so wondering if it's even worth to call their useless support.
Sorry, no, trip eventually got cancelled so never ended up calling. Let us know if you have better luck!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.