Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Kenya Air Awards using Delta Miles Hacks

Kenya Air Awards using Delta Miles Hacks

Old Nov 11, 2020, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.3MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Does anyone know what DL is charging these days with all the recent BS further devaluations from Dubai-NBO in J on KQ?
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Does anyone know what DL is charging these days with all the recent BS further devaluations from Dubai-NBO in J on KQ?
DL agents don't even know how to search KQ availability in my experience Try calling one of the foreign ticket offices on Skype...just FYI. Good luck!
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
DL agents don't even know how to search KQ availability in my experience Try calling one of the foreign ticket offices on Skype...just FYI. Good luck!
The search was never my issue. The issue IME is booking the reservation. They can't use the normal booking processes, thus they just give up.
SkyTeam777 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, it's 70K one-way on other partners. Website doesn't seem to be able to see availability on KQ.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xliioper
Well, it's 70K on other partners. Website doesn't seem to be able to see availability on KQ.
Since it can't be booked online it doesn't show online. You need to use EF or KQ/AF/KL website. EF is best since KQ/AF/KL are all Flying Blue FF and thus availability shown on those websites will also show availability for only FB members.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The search was never my issue. The issue IME is booking the reservation. They can't use the normal booking processes, thus they just give up.
Exactly, IME only foreign offices know how to book it, and that's such a shame for such an important regional partner. Shame on DL for making it so complicated to book KQ; I think there's some award blocking that happens to push business to more expensive routings.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 6:48 pm

I was able to get it done today after explaining "Direct Connect" to the agent. The insane fuel surcharges seem to be gone, but yes, its 70K each-way/140k roundtrip, Quite steep for that flight but I suppose might as well burn the trash miles anyway. There was no issue with the space mirroring what EF showed.
Old May 14, 2021, 11:15 am

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone could explain the "Direct Connect" option, and what should we exactly explain to the Delta agent. (Trying to book MRU-NBO on KQ 271 for Jan next year. I can see award space through AF but nothing showing up on Delta). Thanks

Last edited by Mister P.; May 14, 2021 at 11:28 am
Old May 14, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Why would KQ be so difficult to book if they use FlyingBlue? Wouldn't it work the same way as AF/KL?
Old May 14, 2021, 1:31 pm

Deleted
Old May 15, 2021, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Weekend Away
Why would KQ be so difficult to book if they use FlyingBlue? Wouldn't it work the same way as AF/KL?
Has nothing to do with it FF program. FB doesn't get involved with a DL SM award ticket. It has to do with KQ flight reservations system.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 11:43 am

Anyone had recent success booking KQ with SkyMiles? See two seats available for JFK-NBO that I want, and would love recent datapoint before I attempt calling and HUCA to get it done
Old Nov 21, 2021, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by cardinalkid1891
Anyone had recent success booking KQ with SkyMiles? See two seats available for JFK-NBO that I want, and would love recent datapoint before I attempt calling and HUCA to get it done
It's a pain but can be done. If agent says something like "the link is down" they're not doing it correctly. I would ask them to get global support on phone. Strange things is KQ uses the FB program for their FF plan.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 3:36 pm

Thanks flyerCO

Have an update to my post: called a couple times to figure out pricing for JFK-NBO and going to share my datapoints after trying a few dates :
1. ExpertFlyer shows accurate availability for KQ, and I'm sure KVS and other tools probably do as well
2. For economy, Delta charges 40k + fuel surcharges (~$288 for my dates), and for business it is 95,000 + fuel surcharges (~$388 for my dates) from JFK-NBO
3. Have to specifically ask the agent searching to use 'direct access' bookings as others have mentioned. If an agent knew how to do this, it was straightforward (though took some time for them to check this way), but otherwise was a waste of time if they weren't already familiar with this.

FlyingBlue charges $115k + ~$384 in taxes/surcharges for the same route, and will probably go with them since I have plenty of miles held there
Old May 26, 2022, 6:21 pm

Is there a way to check how much an award will cost without calling in? I'm thinking of booking TNR-NBO or TNR-NBO-KGL one way in Y. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.