Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta exiting NRT, ending NRT-SIN and moving MNL flight to ICN

Delta exiting NRT, ending NRT-SIN and moving MNL flight to ICN

Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by MonAmQB
I can only select in row 48 or behind.
Strange. On both the inbound and outbound I can pick any open economy seat in either cabin. Fare class, maybe?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dcadwell
Strange. On both the inbound and outbound I can pick any open economy seat in either cabin. Fare class, maybe?
That could be. All my KE operated flights have been in business. The seat selection seemed fairly wide open to me.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by kjnangre
That could be. All my KE operated flights have been in business. The seat selection seemed fairly wide open to me.
If anyone who is limited to the back rows wants to compare, I'm in Q on ICN-SIN and Y on SIN-ICN.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 12:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I fail to understand this obsession with front rows.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by moondog
I have a 50-minute layover in ICN to connect to ICN-MSP. Sitting in row 48 or behind on the inbound flight reduces the effective connecting time by at least 10 minutes or more. That's why I've been trying to move to a front row in the main cabin. BTW, my original itinerary ex-SIN was SIN-NRT, on which I cleared GUC. DL rebooked me after the anouncement. Now you can see why I am pretty bummed by the back-of-the-bus seat on the KE-operated SIN-ICN flight.
PeggyJM likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I think it makes a difference if you don't have a lot of time to connect to another flight.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dcadwell
Yes. From various personal reservations, it appears that high fare classes on KE appear to get full seat selection privileges, while the cheap seats are relegated to the back half of the plane, regardless of SkyTeam Elite Plus status.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Because KE does this segmentation, the front half of economy tends to be less densely filled than the aft half, with more options if booking close in to the flight. Same as preferred/Comfort+ seating on DL.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
I posted earlier in thread how to select seats.

DL can request a seat. If it comes back confirmed by KE is hit or miss. This was when I finally figured out the process I posted above.
I found the thread #230 . Very helpful! Thanks, flyerCO. I wonder if you can do this for MU China Eastern.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
This is same for me. I was even able to select row 1 on A333 service (regional service so no IFC on th route)
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
[U]nfortunately with all the NRT interport flying gone, they have no flying left (since they can't be used on Japan-USA flights); they are being offered ground employment as an alternative though[.]
Just curious, why can't NRT-based DL F/As fly to the US?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Bear96
Just curious, why can't NRT-based DL F/As fly to the US?
I think these were FAthat only could fly the interport routes as they were actually Japanese and not US citizens. Ie they worked for DL Japan and not DL US.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think these were FAthat only could fly the interport routes as they were actually Japanese and not US citizens. Ie they worked for DL Japan and not DL US.
Thanks, but Japanese airlines have F/As who are Japanese citizens who work to the U.S. (and of course non-U.S. airlines all have non-U.S.-citizen crewmembers working to the U.S.).

United has F/As based in NRT (both Japanese and non-Japanese citizens) who work flights to the U.S. - plus a union contract to contend with.

Trying to understand what the difference is with the DL F/As.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
All my KE operated flights have been in business. The seat selection seemed fairly wide open to me.
This is same for me. I was even able to select row 1 on A333 service (regional service so no IFC on th route)
So then why were you telling people upthread that you figured out the special process to follow in order to get a KE seat assignment when you just do it thru delta.com like any other flight?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

So then why were you telling people upthread that you figured out the special process to follow in order to get a KE seat assignment when you just do it thru delta.com like any other flight?
My reply has to do with what I quoted. All mine involved business class seats. If there's a block on coach seats from front plane (sounds like even KE booked low fare dont get access) I wouldn't know about that.

However as far as selecting a seat the process I described is the only way I've been able to pick seats.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.