Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

KLM ticket - not credited to Delta Skymiles

Old Jul 30, 19, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SM

Hello,

I bought tickets on KLM and entered my wife and I's Delta Skymiles numbers in at purchase time. We just flew the flights and my wife's flight was credited to her Skymiles account, but my flight was credited to my KLM FF account, not sure why mine got switched to KLM. Is there any chance of getting mine fixed so the flight gets credited to my Delta Skymiles instead of KLM FF? If so, who do I need to contact to request? Thanks for the help!
Old Jul 30, 19, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
KL stopped reversing miles last year. Unless they do that DL cant credit anything.

BTW you likely signed into klm.com and pulled up the reservation. It automatically adds your FB number when you do that. Only way to prevent is to pull it up without being logged in, or creating a new klm.com account without a FB account.
Old Jul 31, 19, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I did login to the KLM app and pulled up the reservation while in my flying blue account so that was probably what switched it. I called KLM to see if they could fix it, and after a long hold, they said it should be fixed and credited to Delta within 10 days. crossing my fingers that does it but will report back here if it happens or not. Thanks
Old Aug 1, 19, 9:58 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Plat, Hertz 5*
On a similar note, I have an upcoming trip on AF 057 stock that the outbound is AF booked, DL operated. My SkyMiles number is in the reservation, but when I look at the trip on the AF website, it also says FB Explorer. I am not a member of FB, so why would it say that?
Old Aug 1, 19, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DavidDTW View Post
On a similar note, I have an upcoming trip on AF 057 stock that the outbound is AF booked, DL operated. My SkyMiles number is in the reservation, but when I look at the trip on the AF website, it also says FB Explorer. I am not a member of FB, so why would it say that?
When you created your AF/KL account you likely told it to also create a FB account. You need to get the FB removed or you'll have flights posting to FB instead. It's best just not to login on AF/KL.com or in AF/KL app if you want to not have issues. You can pull it up in the app or online, but do so as a guest/without being logged in.
Old Aug 1, 19, 10:05 am
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Chick-fil-A Red
I found, with my family, that the air france website mapped the Delta status to the corresponding FB status for display purposes. My wife (PM) and I (DM) showed up as FB platinum and my son (GM) as FB gold. None of us have FB accounts and all of our flights were successfully credited to Delta.
Old Aug 1, 19, 10:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum Elite, DL PM (MM)
Always make sure your FF number is on the ticket - also, if you upgrade using FB miles the FF acct # change change from DL to FB (had this issue also).
mot29 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 19, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
When you created your AF/KL account you likely told it to also create a FB account. You need to get the FB removed or you'll have flights posting to FB instead. It's best just not to login on AF/KL.com or in AF/KL app if you want to not have issues. You can pull it up in the app or online, but do so as a guest/without being logged in.
The ticket wasn't purchased thru the AF website, and I have never created a AF/KL account. I got into my reservation using the PNR. That's why I am confused.
Old Aug 1, 19, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by kpbadger View Post
I found, with my family, that the air france website mapped the Delta status to the corresponding FB status for display purposes. My wife (PM) and I (DM) showed up as FB platinum and my son (GM) as FB gold. None of us have FB accounts and all of our flights were successfully credited to Delta.
Now that makes sense. Thanks for that explanation!
Old Aug 1, 19, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DavidDTW View Post
The ticket wasn't purchased thru the AF website, and I have never created a AF/KL account. I got into my reservation using the PNR. That's why I am confused.
Then the system is simply mapping status level on DL (I guess none) to AF.
Old Aug 1, 19, 1:14 pm

Programs: DL Diam 2MM (2.3), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by mbowden19 View Post
Always make sure your FF number is on the ticket - also, if you upgrade using FB miles the FF acct # change change from DL to FB (had this issue also).
The key -- be sure the DL number is on the BP. At KL and AF outstations I've found that the contract staff at checkin sometimes don't know how to change it, but the AF/KL staff member who is supervising boarding can usually get it done.
Old Aug 20, 19, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Update: Yeah, looks like nothing good is going to happen regardless of what the KLM rep told me the first time; they must have just told me that to get me off the phone. I called them back because the Miles never got credited back to Delta. This KLM rep said they won't reverse the miles once they are in the Flying Blue account. I told her what the KLM rep said to me the first time I called, but she said regardless, that's the policy, they aren't going to do anything. Talked with Delta again, and they said KLM started doing that November of last year. Asked if Delta could do anything about it, and they said they can't do anything.

I am just going to delete my flying blue account and avoid KLM on routes where I can after this.
Old Aug 20, 19, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SpiceMSP View Post
Update: Yeah, looks like nothing good is going to happen regardless of what the KLM rep told me the first time; they must have just told me that to get me off the phone. I called them back because the Miles never got credited back to Delta. This KLM rep said they won't reverse the miles once they are in the Flying Blue account. I told her what the KLM rep said to me the first time I called, but she said regardless, that's the policy, they aren't going to do anything. Talked with Delta again, and they said KLM started doing that November of last year. Asked if Delta could do anything about it, and they said they can't do anything.

I am just going to delete my flying blue account and avoid KLM on routes where I can after this.
Do you care about MQMs and/or MQDs or just RDMs? If it's the latter, DL might be able to easily give you a customer service gesture of some miles if you explain the issue and ask nicely. It sounds like you never requested that your flight be credited to KLM and moreover the first phone agent said that it would be fixed.
Old Aug 20, 19, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

And yes, just to add, very good advice for everyone to check the boarding pass/tickets. I entered the Skymiles # for both my wife and I when I bought the tickets on KLM's site. She has her Skymiles # on her boarding pass, mine has my Flying Blue # which must have gotten switched by their system sometime in the process of me pulling it up on KLM's website (like FlyerCO said above).
Old Aug 20, 19, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Really just wanted the MQM's. I did ask the Delta agent if they could do anything for me (my way of asking for a gesture of goodwill) but she declined and said she couldn't do anything. Not a lot of miles, only 1400 or so. I think I am mostly sore about KLM saying it would get fixed but then now another rep saying it won't ever get fixed. I think I just have to let it go and move on, and delete my flying blue account of course, so I can avoid this problem if I fly them again.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: