Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Question about coach vs. comfort+ on Delta Int'l 75S (757-200)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United

I just booked a trip from Glasgow to JFK. Traveling with my partner, who wanted an aisle, so we booked row 36 D and E. My question is, knowing that we have some extra legroom, is there any reason to further upgrade to comfort, and if so, any rows to recommend? If row 36 is in its way a prize economy seat with more legroom, I'm happy to stay. Would love any feedback.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
I’ve flown both. Row 36 (IMO) doesn’t REALLLLLY have that much more leg room in my experience. If you really want that, go for row 19 BC if possible.
ive found 36 is REALLY close to both bathrooms so it’s smelly and loud. While 19 is also close, there is some distance and there is only one.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
If your only concern is extra legroom, then 36BCDE are most likely sufficient in comparison to Comfort+, and I personally wouldn't bother upgrading. Note the seats are slightly narrower in row 36 (and also 19ABCF and 18DE) due to the IFE units being stored in the armrest. 36AF (and 19AF) have the emergency door protruding into your space.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 6:58 pm

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by bennos
If your only concern is extra legroom, then 36BCDE are most likely sufficient in comparison to Comfort+, and I personally wouldn't bother upgrading. Note the seats are slightly narrower in row 36 (and also 19ABCF and 18DE) due to the IFE units being stored in the armrest. 36AF (and 19AF) have the emergency door protruding into your space.
I flew EDI-BOS a couple of days ago in 36A and there is plenty of leg room. The door protrudes a small amount but is not much of a problem. As there is no-one in front of you then you can use your full-size laptop if you wish (as I did). The one piece of advice is to have a carrier bag of some sort that you can lean against the door after take-off to block the cold draught that can come through the door.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Thank you. Is the bathroom issue really a bother as some say? Differing opinions, it seems. If it's not, I'm fine to stay put and enjoy row 36.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue PFL; IHG Rewards Club Diamond; HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by zagat4
Thank you. Is the bathroom issue really a bother as some say? Differing opinions, it seems. If it's not, I'm fine to stay put and enjoy row 36.
Not from my experience, certainly not in the window seats.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:09 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
There are other advantages to comfort+, but that said, if they don’t matter you’ll be fine where you are.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:00 pm

Legroom in 36C and D is effectively infinite which makes up comfort-wise for the slightly narrower seat.

As long as the bathroom doors are functional and close completely when not in use, it'll probably be fine. Just throwing a random fact out there, no relation to the last time I was in 36D,
Old Jul 27, 2019, 8:17 pm

Comfort+ on many (all?) planes has more recline than the economy seats (including exit row) do. Some exit rows also have worse cushions.
The meal and drink options on international trips are the same AFAIK or have experienced.

Personally, I frequently take the exit row aisle seats by the rear doors over Comfort+ on international planes because I like the infinite leg room. I might choose differently depending on the expectations of a travel companion though. I find it helps to keep the screen out even if I’m not using it because people respect that a lot more than your arms and legs when walking by. If it’s a night flight you may want an eye mask; the light spilling out from the bathroom into my eyes is really the only problem I notice in those big spaces.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 6:01 am
Original Poster

OK I guess we will stay in 36 D and E. My partner wants the aisle; there's the option to upgrade to Comfort+ for $175 each ticket but perhaps these Exit row seats are good enough that we should stay put.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.