Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Excessive Phone Hold Times / Twitter Response Times // The Definitive Thread

Excessive Phone Hold Times / Twitter Response Times // The Definitive Thread

Old Jul 19, 19, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by TomMM View Post
Luckily you can hangup, go on with life and answer the phone when they callback.
This. I called UA for Mr. Kipper yesterday and wasn't given the option of hanging up and having them call back later. After 100 minutes on the phone, they finally resolved the situation.
Old Jul 19, 19, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Seems like it was a very rough day in ATL yesterday with summer storms. My flight this AM from MKE-ATL was delayed due to late arriving crew in MKE last night. Looked like there were a lot of delays on the board when I landed in ATL.

When there are travel issues at the largest hub in the world it's going to take some time to work through those. No matter how bad you may think it is at DL I can tell you it is worse over at AA when these things happen. At least DL is better at proactively letting you know about delays. My AM flight delay was posted hours before departure. That would NEVER happen on AA.
Old Jul 19, 19, 1:39 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by koreanair720 View Post
Imagine how long the wait time must be for non-status pax...
I've had non-status friends tell me, on a good day, the wait can be 2 hours.

When I call if it's longer than 10 min I have them call me back.
Old Jul 19, 19, 8:03 pm

Programs: Delta PM, KLM Gold, AMEX Plat
2 hours and 30 minutes earlier today at the PM desk
Old Jul 19, 19, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Akiestar View Post
At my last job, which was a concierge startup, whenever hold times for the U.S. call center were long, we'd call DL's MNL office (+63 2 841 8800). The hold times were much more reasonable and we got great service, even if they were only open Mondays to Fridays from 8:00 am-6:00 pm.

Yesterday I had a 21-minute wait calling the DM line, so perhaps I should start doing that again whenever this happens, since I usually call in late at night.
I've heard that SIN is another good office to call in such instances.
Phone: +(65) 6336 3371, Fax : +(65) 6339 2575
Old Jul 19, 19, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL Silver
Right now quoted 2 hours 10 minutes as a Silver Medallion. No callback option.
Old Jul 19, 19, 10:44 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, UX Suma Gold, Marriott Bonvoyô️ Gold, Hilton Gold, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by FF524 View Post

indeed. This is becoming common. I am also finding that Delta appears to be placing overflow Diamond calls into other general call queues and their agents. While they acknowledge Diamond status when they greet you, letís just say that the general agents lack the finesse and flexible nature of the full time diamond desk agents.
It's bad enough that I check the weather before calling in unless I absolutely have no other choice. I've had some truly bad experiences lately with general line agents...
Zorak likes this.
Old Jul 19, 19, 11:38 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
I just got a notification that my morning MCO-DTW flight was canceled and the app rebooking tool was broken. I then called the GM line and the wait was listed as 80 mins. I remembered that I had one of those red IROPS “need help” cards in my home office which has a phone number on it. I called it and there was only a 6 min wait.
Widgets likes this.
Old Jul 20, 19, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Plat Amb
I guess I should not complain about waiting 1 hour for a callback (and another 7m for the next agent). Wasn’t sure if that was normal.
Old Jul 20, 19, 1:14 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
So, itís you pathetic gutter trash PMs that are clogging my DM line?

At least we now know who to blame.
mayhem, mhy and kunosoura like this.
Old Jul 20, 19, 6:40 am

Programs: DL Silver
Almost three hours now on the "Elite member line."
Old Jul 20, 19, 7:13 am

Last night I got caught in a weather and crew-timeout meltdown at ATL. SCs were at capacity and turning people away. PM phone line was a 3+ hour hold time. I finally got through this morning for a ticket reissue after a 2+ hour callback.
Old Jul 20, 19, 7:57 am

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Remember if you have an IROPS situation, you can always call the “Need Help” line (855-548-2505) which is the same line that the phones at the airport are sent to. There is hardly ever a wait there and most of the agents that I’ve spoken with on that line are excellent.
LadyPhoenix, dalehill and Widgets like this.
Old Jul 20, 19, 9:01 am

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL DM
2-3min on the 360 desk, including the blabla about the unusually high call volumes... at least one perk...
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jul 20, 19, 9:54 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by koreanair720 View Post
Imagine how long the wait time must be for non-status pax...
1 am in ATL last night, a non-status passenger was venting to a Red Coat about the lines, who suggested the need help phone bank, and in reply the pax said the wait was 25 HOURS!

ATL was a mess last night, especially when Need Help Centers in the Terminals were shut down and everyone was asked to go to domestic special services counters for rebooking...with no plane train

Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
2-3min on the 360 desk, including the blabla about the unusually high call volumes... at least one perk...
I think 360 has a dedicated group of agents that always take just those members' calls

Search this Thread