Mysterious Flight by A319 out of JAC

Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Mysterious Flight by A319 out of JAC

While on the golf course today at around 12:00 MST in Jackson Hole I noticed a DL A319 taking off and make almost immediately a very hard left hand turn, something I have never seen in all my time in JAC. It puzzled me as I could not figure out where the flight was going.....there were no flights to SLC or MSP on an A319 during that time and all the normal flights for today were either on time or only slight delayed. When I got back to where I was staying I checked Flight Aware but still could not find the flight. I assumed even if it was a ferry flight or a charter flight it would show. Anyone got any ideas? It has me curious and I am out of ideas to figure it out.
altabello likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
DL2375, operated by A319 N355NB, departed JAC>SLC at 12.55pm local time. So if it wasn't that flight that you saw, then it must have been a Sports Charter or a ferry flight.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
OP was seeing the inbound flight, also numbered DL2375. It circled the airport a couple times before landing, possibly a missed approach or other similar scenario? But that would match with both the stated timestamp, aircraft type, and the hard left turn as described. If a missed approach, it would also explain why OP thought they saw a takeoff.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...710Z/KSLC/KJAC
altabello, ryw and HKG_Flyer1 like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or perhaps OP mistook AA2853 for a DL aircraft.
BenA likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, TSA Pre-Check
Originally Posted by BenA
OP was seeing the inbound flight, also numbered DL2375. It circled the airport a couple times before landing, possibly a missed approach or other similar scenario? But that would match with both the stated timestamp, aircraft type, and the hard left turn as described. If a missed approach, it would also explain why OP thought they saw a takeoff.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...710Z/KSLC/KJAC
That is probably absolutely it......I was behind some trees so it was very difficult to tell the exact situation......from what it appeared it took off, hard left, almost like it was trying to circle back and land but I bet that was it......its a short runway and it is SUPER WINDY here today so he might have had trouble getting in........makes me glad I am not flying a 757 out of here when I leave....don't know how they would land that big beast with all this wind.
altabello likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
So, with that kind of a windy day . . .

What did you shoot?
HKG_Flyer1 and Rhinolicious like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:49 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by TommyD2
So, with that kind of a windy day . . .

What did you shoot?
LOL I was wondering the same thing
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
My outbound 7:00 JAC-SLC flight for tomorrow just canceled. Evidently the inbound tonight can't get in. Other than the wind, the night is beautiful.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
LOL I was wondering the same thing
Not as well as I should have......the whole left turn thing really threw me for a loop halfway through the round.....can't deny it got me distracted.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLASflyer
My outbound 7:00 JAC-SLC flight for tomorrow just canceled. Evidently the inbound tonight can't get in. Other than the wind, the night is beautiful.

Thanks for the update.....keep me posted.....we don't fly out til next week but there has been more wind out here than I can ever remember. Were they able to get you on another flight......looking at tomorrow looks like there were slim pickings for others and since they will call it "weather" it limits your ability to interline or do much else.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by CVFDCHIEF180
Thanks for the update.....keep me posted.....we don't fly out til next week but there has been more wind out here than I can ever remember. Were they able to get you on another flight......looking at tomorrow looks like there were slim pickings for others and since they will call it "weather" it limits your ability to interline or do much else.
Rebooked from Idaho Falls only an hour later. No JAC flights available until tomorrow evening.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.