FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   No Confirmation Email or Receipt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1979219-no-confirmation-email-receipt.html)

Traveler_boy_25 Jul 19, 2019 12:19 pm

No Confirmation Email or Receipt

I just bought a RT trip on DL about an hour ago via the app. I usually receive a confirmation email within 5-10 minutes, but I have yet to receive one. When I go to the DL App or the website to click on receipt, I get an error message, and it will not load. Has anyone experienced similar problems before?

DL-Don Jul 19, 2019 12:21 pm

I booked a trip yesterday and the receipt wasn't emailed for 6 hours. The on-line receipt wasn't available until after the email was received. Delta has changed a lot about their booking system recently including the removal of a way to search by fare class. This change in ticketing may be a part of that larger change.

Traveler_boy_25 Jul 19, 2019 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by DL-Don (Post 31321289)
I booked a trip yesterday and the receipt wasn't emailed for 6 hours. The on-line receipt wasn't available until after the email was received. Delta has changed a lot about their booking system recently including the removal of a way to search by fare class. This change in ticketing may be a part of that larger change.

Thank you very much!

xliioper Jul 19, 2019 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by DL-Don (Post 31321289)

It's just a website front-end update (which they had been testing out on people for a very long time). Very much doubt it involved actual changes to the "booking system". You can still get to the old advanced search page with option to specify fare class at https://www.delta.com/flight-search/book-a-flight

If OP can't see it in the App, it sounds like it hasn't actually ticketed yet. Note that there can sometimes be SMTP MTA (message transfer agent) delays with email. The Received: headers in the raw email message will indicate if there were possibly queuing delays in delivering the email. In the example below, it only took two seconds to send from Delta to my Yahoo account

Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO mta857.e.delta.com) (63.232.236.83)
by mta4203.mail.gq1.yahoo.com with SMTPS; Mon, 18 Feb 2019 17:32:44 +0000
Received: (qmail 19074 invoked by uid 108 (TLS)); Mon, 18 Feb 2019 17:32:42 -0000

sydneyracquelle Jul 19, 2019 3:06 pm

I made 5 new bookings yesterday. No email receipts received.

tennessetom Jul 19, 2019 3:09 pm

For some reason mine just started going to my spam folder. I made two reservations yesterday and finally found them there today.

MSPeconomist Jul 19, 2019 3:14 pm

Sometimes DL needs to confirm partner inventory before a ticket can be issued, or there might be a need to do a manual issue if something very complicated is involved, usually involving international itineraries.

If these are simple tickets, it's concerning because sometimes people need to buy tickets shortly before departure.

DL-Don Jul 19, 2019 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper (Post 31321359)
It's just a website front-end update (which they had been testing out on people for a very long time). Very much doubt it involved actual changes to the "booking system". You can still get to the old advanced search page with option to specify fare class at https://www.delta.com/flight-search/book-a-flight

If OP can't see it in the App, it sounds like it hasn't actually ticketed yet. Note that there can sometimes be SMTP MTA (message transfer agent) delays with email. The Received: headers in the raw email message will indicate if there were possibly queuing delays in delivering the email. In the example below, it only took two seconds to send from Delta to my Yahoo account

Received: from 127.0.0.1 (EHLO mta857.e.delta.com) (63.232.236.83)
by mta4203.mail.gq1.yahoo.com with SMTPS; Mon, 18 Feb 2019 17:32:44 +0000
Received: (qmail 19074 invoked by uid 108 (TLS)); Mon, 18 Feb 2019 17:32:42 -0000

I checked all the headers and it looks like it was sent at 18:22:54 (Mountain Daylight Savings Time) and arrived to me at 20:22:57 (Eastern Daylight Savings Time) for a grand total of 3 seconds. The flight was booked around 14:00 EDT. What was Delta doing for those 6 hours and 22 minutes?

RealHJ Jul 19, 2019 3:27 pm

Same issue, flights booked yesterday, no receipt via e-mail and no receipt available online on the site or in app. However, it is ticketed just fine, in real time as normally. Can see that on the Saudia site, by putting in the 006 ticket number. Also other airlines (operating carriers) can see and find the reservation just by the 006 ticket number. So, it appears that it is being ticketed normally, just the receipts are not timely generated anymore. One more "enhancement." :rolleyes:

MSPeconomist Jul 19, 2019 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by RealHJ (Post 31321931)
Same issue, flights booked yesterday, no receipt via e-mail and no receipt available online on the site or in app. However, it is ticketed just fine, in real time as normally. Can see that on the Saudia site, by putting in the 006 ticket number. Also other airlines (operating carriers) can see and find the reservation just by the 006 ticket number. So, it appears that it is being ticketed normally, just the receipts are not timely generated anymore. One more "enhancement." :rolleyes:

How do you know the ticket number if you can't yet see a receipt?

RealHJ Jul 19, 2019 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31321937)
How do you know the ticket number if you can't yet see a receipt?

It's shown on the itinerary PDF or HTML view you can see online (you have to check on the web site, not the app).

You can also see it under Passenger Information right on the reservation view.

michellt Jul 19, 2019 6:45 pm

My bookings from yesterday also had delayed confirmations and receipts. However I felt confident that they were ticketed, because they showed up in My Trips.

MSPeconomist Jul 19, 2019 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by RealHJ (Post 31322222)
It's shown on the itinerary PDF or HTML view you can see online (you have to check on the web site, not the app).

You can also see it under Passenger Information right on the reservation view.

You're right. I've always clicked on "view receipt" to see the ticket number on delta.dumb.

RealHJ Jul 19, 2019 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31322428)
You're right. I've always clicked on "view receipt" to see the ticket number on delta.dumb.

Me too. But thankfully it does show elsewhere also. And going to www.saudia.com works to validate the ticket which is what I did when I didn't get the receipts as I normally would. (Well, and I think travelsky.com would work if any segments operated by a Chinese airline...though that output is lacking and not that helpful, but at least it does validate it.)

PHXflier Jul 19, 2019 9:59 pm

Email confirmations of bookings made yesterday afternoon arrived this afternoon, 22 h after the reservation was made. However, the reservation did show in My Trips right away.