Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Skyclubs - huge variation in bagel quality

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.

Why do some skyclubs have such delicious bagels (I.e. Atlanta and a few other airports, possibly SEA and NYC if I recall correctly) while Skyclubs in SAN and BOS serve the saddest looking, stalest tasting bagels... or LAX/RDU where they are presentable but stale tasting... surprised there is absolutely no consistency when it comes to bagel quality...
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Well, the quality of bagels varies so much around the country, why wouldn't it be the same in the Skyclub since I'm sure they all come from a local source.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Good point but Grocery stores seem to be able to sell good self-serve bagels throughout the country. The ones that were served in SAN yesterday were shriveled and stale - a much better bagel could be had at most grocery stores. I am not saying they should all be 5 star quality but at least grocery store quality.... our favorite bagels come from stop and shop lol
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:04 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Quoting from the Skyclub food thread:

Originally Posted by sethb
Those aren't bagels. They're oddly-flavored bread doughnuts.
dgreen12, beachfan, rogo and 7 others like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
The good bagels in the big stations are sourced fresh daily. The bad bagels come frozen and are thawed is my guess.
krlcomm likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
There are no good bagels in any SkyClubs. There are tolerable "bagels" and "abominations identified as bagels."
RSSrsvp, Analise, beachfan and 8 others like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by rogo
There are no good bagels in any SkyClubs. There are tolerable "bagels" and "abominations identified as bagels."
The ones I had at JFK or LGA last time I was there were quite good.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:45 pm

Most the ones I find are giant hunks of bread with no holes in the middle.
PurdueFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
I actually like the ones they have in Boston. Never tried other skyclubs.

WGBBGB - Want a good bagel, buy a good bagel. Just be happy they don't start charging $3 for bagels in the skyclubs.
MEABFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 2:12 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I have also noticed this as well and thought the same thing... I was in BOS a few weeks ago and wondered why they were so crappy. Thanks for a good laugh OP.
obscure2k likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Atlanta Skyclub bagels come from Goldbergs.
melissaru and ryandc99 like this.

Last edited by estedman; Jul 16, 2019 at 4:29 pm
Old Jul 16, 2019, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by rogo
I have never had a bagel in the skyclubs because all of the bagels look terrible. Some skyclub bagels definitely look less terrible than others, but none of the skyclubs serve "bagels." They serve the same bread in a bagel shape that some people who don't know any better buy at a grocery store. Aside from the shape, you can tell just by looking at the bagel that the texture and taste are all wrong.
rogo, jdrtravel and ysolde like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL Plat
the real question is why for an atlanta based airline biscuits arent served in skyclub. biscuits>bagels (now let the fight begin )
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:52 pm

please merge Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by runningformqm
the real question is why for an atlanta based airline biscuits arent served in skyclub. biscuits>bagels (now let the fight begin )
If we really want a rumble Why not go with their MN half and serve warm rolls
runningformqm likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.