Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Skyclubs - huge variation in bagel quality

Skyclubs - huge variation in bagel quality

Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by kop84
If we really want a rumble Why not go with their MN half and serve warm rolls
delta would never serve bread that has been warmed
AANYC1981 and The Situation like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:24 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
I would take a frozen/thawed bagel from NYC rather than a fresh, locally sourced one in Phoenix. Bagels are a whole different animal in the Big Apple. I miss them. Not that the Skyclub ones were amazing by any means but it is still better out there.
RSSrsvp and ysolde like this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:24 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
Good point but Grocery stores seem to be able to sell good self-serve bagels throughout the country.
Surely you jest!
SuperG1955 and MimiB22 like this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I think at CVG they come from Bruegger's?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by runningformqm
the real question is why for an atlanta based airline biscuits arent served in skyclub. biscuits>bagels (now let the fight begin )
The real win would be Krispy Kreme donuts. Who do I call about that?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL FO, AA PLT PRO. Marriott LT Plat.
I can't recall the last time I even gave the SkyClub bagels a passing glance, at any location.
RedneckFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 5:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

File under "First World Problems."
Flaflyer likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:27 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
And no one has even mentioned the uniquely Montreal bagels. DGS Delicatessen in Dupont Circle in DC used to serve them, but has closed.
SuperG1955 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
If they weren't boiled, they're not bagels.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Bread in general is just a sad story in much of the country when it comes to serving large numbers of people. There are fantastic bakeries in most cities but you won't find their products in anything that is cafeteria like. It is one of the things I most look forward to in Europe--that even a budget hotel will have great bread at breakfast.
ChinaShrek and speed.skater like this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
I think bagels in Seattle are from Alki bakery and they are fine. Nothing like NYC, but still very serviceable.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
Good point but Grocery stores seem to be able to sell good self-serve bagels throughout the country. The ones that were served in SAN yesterday were shriveled and stale - a much better bagel could be had at most grocery stores. I am not saying they should all be 5 star quality but at least grocery store quality.... our favorite bagels come from stop and shop lol
Your profile says LGA so I presume you're from NYC. I can also assume that you didn't grow up there since I can't imagine any native New Yorker choosing a grocery store packaged bagel over the real thing.

Originally Posted by james318
The ones I had at JFK or LGA last time I was there were quite good.
Probably locally sourced.

Originally Posted by rogo
There are no good bagels in any SkyClubs. There are tolerable "bagels" and "abominations identified as bagels."
AMEN!!!!

Originally Posted by mot29
And no one has even mentioned the uniquely Montreal bagels. DGS Delicatessen in Dupont Circle in DC used to serve them, but has closed.
We were in Montreal a couple of weeks ago and even though they're different than NYC, they're very good. Had a lunch at Dunn's and while they're known for their smoked meat I had a bagel with cream cheese and lox which rivaled any place in NYC.

One of my cousins owned and operated the bagel shop in the Marche de l'Ouest food market for many years and I think that I know bagels.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 9:53 pm

This thread is the bagel equivalent of "my dad can beat up your dad."

Personally, I'm fine with just doing some wheat toast and blueberry cream cheese
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
My favorite ones are the clubs that seem to serve Lender's Bagels. They're my favorite brand - perfect with cream cheese or slightly warmed with a little butter! ��
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by BenA
My favorite ones are the clubs that seem to serve Lender's Bagels. They're my favorite brand - perfect with cream cheese or slightly warmed with a little butter! ��
Lender's vs a local vendor who makes fresh bagels. Really?
RedneckFlyer likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.