Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Regional Partner Flight Attendant Goes Above and Beyond for Deaf Passenger

Delta Regional Partner Flight Attendant Goes Above and Beyond for Deaf Passenger

Reply

Old Jul 14, 19, 2:20 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA
Programs: Spoiled by Skywards
Posts: 1,669
Delta Regional Partner Flight Attendant Goes Above and Beyond for Deaf Passenger

Always refreshing to read good stories about Delta and their regional partners.

A Deaf Girl Got on a Delta Flight. What Happened Next Truly Stunned Her

When Ashley got on this Delta flight, she suddenly had a strange experience -- a surprise.

A handwritten note from a flight attendant.

It read:

Hi, Good Morning Ashley.

My name is Janna and I will be your Flight Attendant on today's flight to JFK. There are two buttons above your head. A yellow one that controls the reading light and a big gray one with a person on it that you can use to call me if you need anything.

In the case of emergency, the nearest exit is behind you. Those are our over-wing exits.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need any assistance. Again, my name is Janna and welcome aboard our CRJ 200 aircraft.
Ashley immediately took a picture and sent it to her mom.
HDQDD, RDUdrifter, lupine and 5 others like this.
Ysitincoach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 19, 10:35 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: NYC
Programs: DL 1.6MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach View Post
Always refreshing to read good stories about Delta and their regional partners.

A Deaf Girl Got on a Delta Flight. What Happened Next Truly Stunned Her
It's always nice to read these Feel Good stories especially when it is operated by a Delta Connection partner.
Intl359Widget is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 19, 11:06 pm
  #3  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 81,165
I wonder how many FAs know ASL and whether airlines do anything to encourage FAs to learn some sign language. On the ground at a major airport, I'd think that someone would be available at least via Skype if there were major communication difficulties, just like speakers of major foreign languages can be called upon to help.

It's unclear whether the daughter was traveling as a UM or was over age 15 and able (or forced) to fly independently.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 19, 9:02 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: NCE, MCM
Programs: DL GM
Posts: 124
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
It's unclear whether the daughter was traveling as a UM or was over age 15 and able (or forced) to fly independently.

the linked story states she is 16
roberta_h is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 19, 9:09 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Posts: 1,568
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I wonder how many FAs know ASL and whether airlines do anything to encourage FAs to learn some sign language. On the ground at a major airport, I'd think that someone would be available at least via Skype if there were major communication difficulties, just like speakers of major foreign languages can be called upon to help.

It's unclear whether the daughter was traveling as a UM or was over age 15 and able (or forced) to fly independently.
Not ASL, but Virgin Atlantic has a program which allows for deaf customers to request a British Sign Language-speaking flight attendant, although it's only on international flights and requires 12 weeks notice. (Do VS even operate any domestic flights anymore?)
Ysitincoach likes this.
steveholt is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 19, 9:14 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Posts: 405
Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
Not ASL, but Virgin Atlantic has a program which allows for deaf customers to request a British Sign Language-speaking flight attendant, although it's only on international flights and requires 12 weeks notice. (Do VS even operate any domestic flights anymore?)
OP's post is genuinely special. (Well, the flight attendant's behavior, anyway!)

The Virgin Atlantic program is also pretty special. I wonder how well publicized it is?
I wonder if they pay a bit more for the specialized skill.

We have a friend who is profoundly hearing impaired, so I'll pass this along. I never heard them mention it, so they may not know.

GC
GeezerCouple is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 19, 10:45 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Posts: 1,568
Originally Posted by GeezerCouple View Post
OP's post is genuinely special. (Well, the flight attendant's behavior, anyway!)

The Virgin Atlantic program is also pretty special. I wonder how well publicized it is?
I wonder if they pay a bit more for the specialized skill.

We have a friend who is profoundly hearing impaired, so I'll pass this along. I never heard them mention it, so they may not know.

GC
It's worth passing along. My partner's family includes a deaf couple who flew VS over the pond and while someone who knows ASL might only be able to pick up on some of what's being signed in BSL, knowing that there's someone looking out for them put all of our minds at ease.
steveholt is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 19, 3:44 pm
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: USA
Programs: Spoiled by Skywards
Posts: 1,669
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I wonder how many FAs know ASL and whether airlines do anything to encourage FAs to learn some sign language. On the ground at a major airport, I'd think that someone would be available at least via Skype if there were major communication difficulties, just like speakers of major foreign languages can be called upon to help.

It's unclear whether the daughter was traveling as a UM or was over age 15 and able (or forced) to fly independently.

When I first saw the headline, my assumption was it was cabin crew that communicated via ASL, I'm always touched at the amount of Disney Parks character actors that are fluent in ASL. It melts the heart to see them reach deaf children in a special way.
Ysitincoach is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 19, 5:12 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MSP
Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Posts: 3,545
This seems like a good thread in which to post about the Navigating MSP program, in which Delta plays an important part. This program, usually on the first Saturday of each month, is aimed particularly at families who will be traveling with a child/children with autism, but open to families and adults with any disability. Even adults with extreme fear of flying sometimes attend.

The operation of the program relies on the Autism Society of Minnesota, the MSP Administration, MSP Travelers Assistance volunteers, TSA officers, and Delta staff, including ground staff, flight attendants, and pilots. The families or individuals participating in the program come to MSP for a trial run of taking a trip. Accompanied by airport volunteers the participants are given gate passes to get through a TSA checkpoint, receive special attention and explanations from TSA officers while going through the screening, are told of resources in the airport that may be helpful (e.g., quieter areas of the airport), go to a gate, and board a Delta aircraft. Once on the plane Delta flight attendants and pilots talk to the participants about what they will experience on a flight and give advice about techniques to help deal with flying. At least two of the pilots have kids of their own on the autism spectrum and talk from their experiences as parents. The kids who attend this program receive gifts —- stuffed animals, certificates, wings.

Families and individuals can participate in this program as often as they want before a flight or even without ever taking a flight. There is one developmentally disabled man of about 30 who comes with his parents every month because he loves airplanes.

This program is one of my own favorite activities as a Travelers Assistance volunteer at MSP. It is heartening to see the kids, who face all sorts of special challenges every day, become more comfortable with the airport just in two or three hours.
CarmenOM is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 19, 1:20 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: NYC
Programs: DL 1.6MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by CarmenOM View Post
This seems like a good thread in which to post about the Navigating MSP program, in which Delta plays an important part. This program, usually on the first Saturday of each month, is aimed particularly at families who will be traveling with a child/children with autism, but open to families and adults with any disability. Even adults with extreme fear of flying sometimes attend.

The operation of the program relies on the Autism Society of Minnesota, the MSP Administration, MSP Travelers Assistance volunteers, TSA officers, and Delta staff, including ground staff, flight attendants, and pilots. The families or individuals participating in the program come to MSP for a trial run of taking a trip. Accompanied by airport volunteers the participants are given gate passes to get through a TSA checkpoint, receive special attention and explanations from TSA officers while going through the screening, are told of resources in the airport that may be helpful (e.g., quieter areas of the airport), go to a gate, and board a Delta aircraft. Once on the plane Delta flight attendants and pilots talk to the participants about what they will experience on a flight and give advice about techniques to help deal with flying. At least two of the pilots have kids of their own on the autism spectrum and talk from their experiences as parents. The kids who attend this program receive gifts —- stuffed animals, certificates, wings.

Families and individuals can participate in this program as often as they want before a flight or even without ever taking a flight. There is one developmentally disabled man of about 30 who comes with his parents every month because he loves airplanes.

This program is one of my own favorite activities as a Travelers Assistance volunteer at MSP. It is heartening to see the kids, who face all sorts of special challenges every day, become more comfortable with the airport just in two or three hours.
Atlanta also has a Wings For All Monthly Tour that is sponsored by Delta that's very similar to the MSP program.

https://www.atl.com/wings-for-autism...ildren-adults/
CarmenOM likes this.
Intl359Widget is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 19, 7:58 pm
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Antonio
Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 15,658
Originally Posted by steveholt View Post
Not ASL, but Virgin Atlantic has a program which allows for deaf customers to request a British Sign Language-speaking flight attendant, although it's only on international flights and requires 12 weeks notice. (Do VS even operate any domestic flights anymore?)
No VS stopped domestic flying. Currently VS books you on BA for domestic flights.
flyerCO is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 19, 2:34 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 2,858
A language bar for sign language will soon be added to qualifying employees’ uniforms.

https://news.delta.com/board-soon-em...anguage-option

On the heels of being named "Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion" for the fourth consecutive year, Delta will soon be rolling out a uniform language bar option for over 300+ sign languages around the world. Delta is the first U.S. airline to offer this option; and with this improvement, customers and qualified employees will immediately be able to visually recognize when they hold sign language as a common connection.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Widgets is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread