Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Offers - Delta

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM
AMEX Offers - Delta

Under AMEX offers, there's a current Delta deal. Spend $200 on base fare from any US airport to BOS, RDU, or SEA. Must be roundtrip and nonstop, get a $40 statement credit.

Apologies if this was mentioned elsewhere, I couldn't find anything.
alanstar and gretchendz like this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Just to expand (had trouble pulling up details on my phone last night)

Purchases made through third parties or affiliated agents will not qualify for this offer. Purchase must be in U.S. Dollars (USD) and flights must originate from any U.S. airport, with destination only to Boston Logan International Airport (BOS), Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU) or Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA). Flights must be purchased as non-stop round trip (no connections). Multi-City and one way flights with the same origin/destination requirements will not qualify for meeting the purchase requirement of $200. Only the base fare of your flight will qualify for the purchase requirement. Cabin class or fare upgrades must be booked at the time of the initial purchase in order to qualify. All other purchases and add-ons (such as Wifi, insurance, etc) will not qualify for meeting the purchase requirement. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
Just a portion of the details, but covers most of the important stuff.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
At first this was really exciting to me, then I realized I couldn't use it during the time-frame.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:45 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I found a NYC-RDU-NYC same day trip with a base fare of $202. Pretty lousy cost-per-mile as a mileage run, but easy enough to do without too painful a schedule.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The nonstop rule is interesting in that many DL airports woiuldn't have nonstops to any of these three airports.

I'm also wondering whether SDC to connecting flights would be allowed. I realize that, at least exMSP, if there are nonstops for the city pair, the connecting flights tend to be more expensive and excluded from the routing rules, for example for the cheaper FC fares.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The nonstop rule is interesting in that many DL airports woiuldn't have nonstops to any of these three airports.

I'm also wondering whether SDC to connecting flights would be allowed. I realize that, at least exMSP, if there are nonstops for the city pair, the connecting flights tend to be more expensive and excluded from the routing rules, for example for the cheaper FC fares.
My guess, and it's only that, is that SDC to a connection would be allowed. I'm assuming the offer is only looking at the credit card charge, which would indicate the nonstop, and I'm guessing that SDCing would not go back and amend the charge to the card. Just a guess though.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wimsta
At first this was really exciting to me, then I realized I couldn't use it during the time-frame.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you only need to purchase the ticket by Sept 5. I don't believe the trip needs to occur before then.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I found a NYC-RDU-NYC same day trip with a base fare of $202. Pretty lousy cost-per-mile as a mileage run, but easy enough to do without too painful a schedule.
Interesting...when I saw you post this, I got worried for you that you were looking at a trip that might not qualify, but then I saw someone post the terms they received in which it must be a roundtrip nonstop to RDU, SEA or BOS. The terms on my offer (I am a SEA resident) are the opposite. If you try to redeem you need to be very careful with the terms:
"Purchase must be in U.S. Dollars (USD) and flights must originate only from Boston Logan International Airport (BOS), Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU) or Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), with destination to any U.S. airport. Flights must be purchased as non-stop round trip (no connections). Multi-City and one way flights with the same origin/destination requirements will not qualify for meeting the purchase requirement of $200."
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My email also said that the $200 could be a total over more than one purchased ticket. Upgrades purchased at the time of original ticket purchase count toward the $200, but later upgrades or other incidental DL spend do not for the $200 requirement.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The Situation
Interesting...when I saw you post this, I got worried for you that you were looking at a trip that might not qualify, but then I saw someone post the terms they received in which it must be a roundtrip nonstop to RDU, SEA or BOS. The terms on my offer (I am a SEA resident) are the opposite. If you try to redeem you need to be very careful with the terms:
"Purchase must be in U.S. Dollars (USD) and flights must originate only from Boston Logan International Airport (BOS), Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU) or Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA), with destination to any U.S. airport. Flights must be purchased as non-stop round trip (no connections). Multi-City and one way flights with the same origin/destination requirements will not qualify for meeting the purchase requirement of $200."
Interesting that they have different terms for different people. I always assumed these were just standard terms that were the same for everyone.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:36 pm

I also have the origination verbiage as a RDU-based flyer.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:39 pm

Are there nonstops from RDU to SEA and/or BOS? (I would guess yes to BOS and IIRC there is nonstop service between BOS and SEA.)
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Are there nonstops from RDU to SEA and/or BOS? (I would guess yes to BOS and IIRC there is nonstop service between BOS and SEA.)
Yes, there is a 1X daily nonstop between RDU and SEA and I think up to 3X daily between BOS and SEA depending on the season. There are also a bunch of daily flights between RDU and BOS.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 1:09 pm

OK, so if you live in one of the three cities, you would have two destinations for nonstop flights generating the credit while everyone else at a major DL station has three choices and some who live in outstations have zero.

Still the from/to these three airports variation in the targeted(?) offers is interesting. Now I'm wondering whether for example RTs from SEA price differently than RTs to SEA. Of course, this wouldn't be an issue if these cities tend to offer OW based fares with no stay requirements, although it's not real obvious to me whether the fine print means that one must use a RT based fare or just two OWs on the same ticket/PNR to form a RT.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Well this stinks, I actually need to book a personal trip to BOS soon and I wasn’t targeted for this offer on either of my AMEX cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.