Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Offers - Delta

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
I received the same email for my AMEX DL Reserve Card. When I click on the link, it goes to the below stating it is unavailable . Anyone else?

https://global.americanexpress.com/o...RS_UNAVAILABLE
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OK, so if you live in one of the three cities, you would have two destinations for nonstop flights generating the credit while everyone else at a major DL station has three choices and some who live in outstations have zero.

Still the from/to these three airports variation in the targeted(?) offers is interesting. Now I'm wondering whether for example RTs from SEA price differently than RTs to SEA. Of course, this wouldn't be an issue if these cities tend to offer OW based fares with no stay requirements, although it's not real obvious to me whether the fine print means that one must use a RT based fare or just two OWs on the same ticket/PNR to form a RT.
My offer says from SEA/RDU/BOS to ANY U.S. airport. I am able to select any destination with a nonstop flight from SEA.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by The Situation
My offer says from SEA/RDU/BOS to ANY U.S. airport. I am able to select any destination with a nonstop flight from SEA.
I was curious about trying to explain why most of us got the offer for RTs TO the three airports, while those living nearby got the same offer for RTs FROM those three airports. One potential explanation would have been if for one or more of the cities, there were no DL nonstops to either of the remaining cities. In that case, DL couldn't logically give residents of the three magic cities the same offer as it would be worthless. [Actually, DL could do this, but I'm going to be charitable here.]
Old Jul 13, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
Originally Posted by JoelThomas
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you only need to purchase the ticket by Sept 5. I don't believe the trip needs to occur before then.
Good catch, maybe I can take advantage after all.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Disappointed to be an Amex Plat and not receive this offer. This is the time of year I might have chosen to take an additional trip to BOS or RDU... Already have a SEA trip scheduled, would probably not add another.

It must be targeted on some level. Not showing on my SPG Card, NWA/DL Amex, or Platinum Card either.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: DL PM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you only need to purchase the ticket by Sept 5. I don't believe the trip needs to occur before then.
That's correct, I booked DTW/BOS roundtrip for mid-October and already received the credit.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
My offer is also from SEA/RDU/BOS to any US airport. Pretty good timing since I was getting ready to book a flight out of BOS.
Signed up for offer, booked, and received credit a couple days later.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Question on the Delta Amex Mailers 70k/$4. I didn't see in the tiny print anything about 'previously owned this product' mentioned but then it's so tiny I might have missed it?

I did have the Delta Amex card about 4 maybe 5 years ago.

Any one else getting the mailer and NOT seeing the once in a lifetime language?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by cajunguy
Question on the Delta Amex Mailers 70k/$4. I didn't see in the tiny print anything about 'previously owned this product' mentioned but then it's so tiny I might have missed it?

I did have the Delta Amex card about 4 maybe 5 years ago.

Any one else getting the mailer and NOT seeing the once in a lifetime language?
​​​​​​I get them too. They're targeted.

How common are targeted offers without once-in-a-lifetime language?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Originally Posted by Zorak
​​​​​​I get them too. They're targeted.

How common are targeted offers without once-in-a-lifetime language?
I haven't really done anything with Delta since I had the card. I'd have to check their transfer partners again, see if it's worth the effort of meeting the min spend.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta GM
My T&Cs state that "Only the base fare of your flight will qualify for the purchase requirement." Does that mean the cost has to be $200 before taxes/fees/etc or just before any ancillary add-ons?

I found a flight ORD-SEA for $233 total, but only ~$190 in "base fare" and the remaining $44 in gov't taxes and fees. Any experience from people cutting it close on what counts and what doesn't?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:33 pm

My T&Cs state that "Only the base fare of your flight will qualify for the purchase requirement." Does that mean the cost has to be $200 before taxes/fees/etc or just before any ancillary add-ons?

I found a flight ORD-SEA for $233 total, but only ~$190 in "base fare" and the remaining $44 in gov't taxes and fees. Any experience from people cutting it close on what counts and what doesn't?
In my experience, you ought to know pretty quickly whether you get the benefit. Usually I get the email saying I used my Amex offer as soon as the charge is made.
manacit likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.