Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

(2) $50 Delta eGift Cards, (2) award seats, only (1) paid taxes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: seeking best cc sign-up & spend bonus offers

(2) busn award seats FLL-ATL-BCN-ATL-FLL;
one via wife ff account, one via mine;
each $52.03 taxes-fees;
gave (2) $50 Delta eGiftCard info over phone;
just got cc statement, only (1) eGiftCard used, charged $2.03
other charge is full $52.03
phone rep says eGiftCard can't be used on award seats,
was surprised even (1) got used;
questions:
is that phone rep correct?
is there trick for getting second $50 eGiftCard to work, too,
or am I lucky one worked despite breaking rules?
Novice appreciates any advice-comments
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
You can use them under certain circumstances. And the manual (re)issue desk can apply them when you buy the ticket.

That's really the trick, asking one of the "experts" at that desk to issue you the ticket

I had to call them last week to do the same, and the manual reissue agent literally issued and voided the ticket 4 times, and still she had to call a help desk the next day and email me when it was all set....DL doesn't make it easy....
Old Jul 10, 2019, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
manual (re)issue desk
Thanks for insider trick info!
Is there phone# for that specific desk?
Google search fruitless...
Old Jul 10, 2019, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

manual (re)issue desk

BAM! The All Powerful MRDesk!! ^ ^
Not only issuing $50 credit to cc,
but also upgraded final ATL-FLL segment
from comfort class to Delta One...
(weeks after ticketing, DO seats still available)
Too bad MRDesk only accessed via transfer...
No direct # she said...
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by TravelPhotographer

BAM! The All Powerful MRDesk!! ^ ^
Not only issuing $50 credit to cc,
but also upgraded final ATL-FLL segment
from comfort class to Delta One...
(weeks after ticketing, DO seats still available)
Too bad MRDesk only accessed via transfer...
No direct # she said...
Correct, they don't have a direct dial line (that they give out to the public anyways). It's supposed to be an internal transfer but many agents will transfer customers over, some will insist on doing the talking for you. Glad it worked out.

Also note that if you paid for business class, you should have been in First Class from ATL to FLL (it's not Delta One, but better than Comfort +). It sounds like the manual reissue agent either found space in your award class of service in First Class on that flight, or forced it (which they can also do at that desk) for whatever reason.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Had a huge reissue problem on Sunday. Originally booked three award tickets together in preferred for LGA-JAX. Split into 2 PNRs for upgrades, and rec'd first class both ways for two. But, IRROPS on the return, first weather and then crew timed out. At first, since plane was at the gate, everyone stayed on the same flight, same seats, just delayed 12 hours more until the morning.

Overnite, DL cancelled the flight, rebooked the two first class seats to first direct flight out in first and the third ticket on the second PNR to an afternoon flight through Atlanta, arriving in the evening. This was our child's first day of sleepaway camp, and the one-day delay already was causing a problem with repacking and getting child away, but separating us parents just crapped on a crappy situation.

On hour on the phone yielded only mysteries, agent and supervisor could see problem but could not find a way to solve it, offering unhelpful itineraries that would arrive later in the evening or even the next day. They give up and I call again two hours later, this agent runs it down with I guess the MR desk, they dissect it back to the splitting, find that something went wrong there, and when IRROPS occurred, the system fell into a loop trying to protect the third ticket, but couldn't, and then defaulted to sending my spouse on a completely different booking.

Finally, it was all undone and redone and my spouse was protected in main on the flight, and could get a seat reservation by paying 3K miles into an exit row. This all took another hour on the phone, but it was done, and by the time we woke up a few hours later, the third seat was in Comfort +. All's well that ends well, but it took dedicated agent time to sort it all out and make it right.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

if you paid for business class, you should have been in First Class from ATL to FLL
We paid 128K miles rt ea busn level.
Yes, I selected DO level award seats & full calendar, finding only a single lowest rt coupled dates.
All other coupled dates were 380K miles or more per rt ticket.
Yes, I noticed small print advising "not all seats may be DO seats"
What I only noticed week+ after reserving was our final segment being comfort+ not DO equiv.
After resolving $50 giftcard issue, I sensed MRDesk was SOLUTION-SATISFY oriented,
& asked about comfort+ possibly being error, was upgraded rather than told it would cost
380K-128K=252K more miles... IMO, it would have been latter with any other agent, except maybe
Delta Lounge...? MRDesk don't kowtow but they are sensitive to any issue truly "on the fence"...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.