Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How Serious is Delta: check-in 3 hr. before international flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Serious is Delta: check-in 3 hr. before international flight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is clear from the DL website that the 3 hours for international (and 2 for domestic) are recommendations. While there is some debate as to whether you are subject to the international or domestic deadline for LAS, even the international deadline is only one hour. You are also required to be at the departure gate by T-30 for international (presuming that international applies).

Given the vagaries of LAS, I would suggest checking in no later than T-90 and then heading for the gate. This gives you time in the event that there are backups at the checkpoint.

MSP is a non-issue. If a DL delay causes a misconnect, DL is required to rebook you.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nrr
There is no Sky Club in LAS.
For whatever reason, I was reading LAX
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by reimero
They'll check your documents at LAS, and I do recommend showing up there somewhat early, because a human being will need to see your passport. That said, it'll be fine if you check in online and then use a mobile boarding pass to get through security; you'll just get paged at the gate to present your passport to the GA.
But basically, once you're checked in initially, you should be good to go: as soon as you're known to have shown up on time and with valid documentation at LAS, it's on Delta to get you to your destination.
You can always use the kiosk to scan your passport instead of seeing an agent,
Old Jul 13, 2019, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Often1
It is clear from the DL website that the 3 hours for international (and 2 for domestic) are recommendations. While there is some debate as to whether you are subject to the international or domestic deadline for LAS, even the international deadline is only one hour. You are also required to be at the departure gate by T-30 for international (presuming that international applies).

Given the vagaries of LAS, I would suggest checking in no later than T-90 and then heading for the gate. This gives you time in the event that there are backups at the checkpoint.

MSP is a non-issue. If a DL delay causes a misconnect, DL is required to rebook you.
Checkin deadline is for the first flight you board. If its domestic, it's the domestic cutoff, even if connecting to international flight.
Duke787 and Widgets like this.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jonsail
I expect to breeze thru LAS security in virtually no time. I realize I will have to show passport to check-in. The ticket is deeply discounted so I can't afford to have Delta deny me boarding and tell me to take another flight. If I don't have any problems going thru LAS security and check-in an hour early w/o luggage....
I’m confused why you’re so worried about your second flight and not your first! I’d leave more room at the front end for passport check and security. What happens if PreCheck is closed and security lines are long and passport check takes longer than expected? These things always have the potential of going sideways. I’d allow 90 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.