Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta still has the same contact info for two pax

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

So it's been 2-3 months since I first saw this problem. If I have two people on the itinerary I can't have different contact info for each one, except for name. Email is the same, phone number is the same. This is a bit annoying.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
If your goal is to have a way for both people to get notified of various things (schedule changes, day of departure info), I have found that adding both people's SkyMiles number and having your account set to receive those notification emails can fix the problem.

If only one of you have a SkyMiles number, just add that one and change the trip contact info to match the other person's.
Hoyaheel likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by zitsky
So it's been 2-3 months since I first saw this problem. If I have two people on the itinerary I can't have different contact info for each one, except for name. Email is the same, phone number is the same. This is a bit annoying.
Nothing shocking. If two people are on same PNR everything in terms of flights must be the same. Thus no reason to have two contact infos as if one passenger is changed, so is the other.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
When my husband and I book flights with each other, we typically get our own email notifications (no matter who books the flights). I might surmise it's because both of our Skymiles info is included in the reservation (with individual emails & phone numbers) but could not say definitively....
Old Jul 10, 2019, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Nothing shocking. If two people are on same PNR everything in terms of flights must be the same. Thus no reason to have two contact infos as if one passenger is changed, so is the other.
I understand what you are saying but that doesn't make sense. Why are there separate fields for person 1 and person 2 if they are supposed to be the same. Other airlines manage to do it just fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.