Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New SLC airport opens September 15th, 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SLC airport opens September 15th, 2020

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2023, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by ostatekitty
I fly out of TUL; there is a sign that says it’s a 7 minute walk to A but if you’re a fast walker you can make it to your gate in half that or less. Agree it’s a tight connection; how soon the bus leaves after you arrive will probably be the main thing to worry about.
This gives me hope, and I'm a fast walker.
Old May 20, 2023, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by SunnyA
I've searched and not found the answer, and I'm hoping someone will take pity on me and let me know if you think I'll be able to make this flight scenario:

Flight arriving later this week from Tulsa into B21, which I understand is a bus gate. History for flight shows it normally arrives at least 10-15 minutes early and normally arrives at B21. A couple of times in the past week it has actually been at an A gate.

Flight to LHR scheduled to depart 40 minutes later from A21, though history shows it normally leaves late.

From what I understand, I'll have to walk from the plane through a tunnel to get to a bus which will actually take me to B21, and from there I need to walk to and through the B-A tunnel and then to A21.

Do I have a prayer of making that flight?

If it matters, I'm flying First/Business, so I should be off the arriving flight quickly.
You are going to be one of the first to get off the plane. But with the bus gates it really doesn't matter because everyone is going to have to wait for the bus. The key is to sit near the door of the bus or stand near the door of the bus so that you can exit it quickly. The long ramp that they drop you off at is really only 1.5 people wide. Unfortunately you can get stuck behind someone that is walking at a snail's pace and there is no way to pass them. The first time I did this I was second in the long line of people trailing behind a woman that really needed assistance. So the key is to get on the first bus, sit by the door of the bus and exit the bus quickly once it parks at the bottom of the ramp. I think as long as you are aware of what you need to do it really helps. There is also a chance that you won't end up at a bus gate. I was worried about this on my last trip through SLC a few weeks ago. The pilot announced that we were going to be parked at a "HARD GATE" but when we arrived we were at the bus gate.

Last edited by peagreenid; May 20, 2023 at 7:04 pm
Old May 20, 2023, 6:50 pm

This is the best forum ever! Thank you. Fingers crossed that 1) we land at an A gate or 2) we land at a low number B gate or 3) I'm able to beat everyone else off the bus if we land at B21 area.
FenwayTim likes this.
Old May 21, 2023, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Isn’t that more new concessions at concourse A east side is not open up yet? Burger King, P.F. Chang’s, Auntie Anne and else. They are not ready for that. They supposed to open up real soon.
Old May 26, 2023, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
RIP Bus Gates

Delta’s bus gates are being dismantled. Not all of them yet but the end is near.

Spiff, jordyn, happydad100 and 9 others like this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 9:22 am
Original Poster

beachmouse likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 8:38 pm

Programs: Delta, Marriott, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Delta’s bus gates are being dismantled. Not all of them yet but the end is near.

This photo triggers me.
happydad100 and dmarge18 like this.
Old Jun 6, 2023, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by peagreenid
The pilot announced that we were going to be parked at a "HARD GATE" but when we arrived we were at the bus gate.
A hardstand is a gate without a jet bridge.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 8:55 am
Original Poster

As of today it appears Delta only has 4 bus gates left at SLC. B24, B26, B28 and B30. The others at the end of Concourse B have been taken over by Air Canada and Spirit.
hi55us, Pocatello, ryw and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Announcement tomorrow re: phase 3 concessions. Probably mostly non-Delta gates but not certain on that.

hi55us likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 5:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I arrived into SLC a few weeks ago for the first time (I only fly about ten times a year to the US and then its mostly into LAX) and SLC is by far the best US airport I've seen so far. I found the SkyClub excellent.

Also the immigration coming from LHR was so smooth, there almost wasn't the need for my Global Entry.
DLASflyer, hi55us and Pocatello like this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 12:40 pm

I got to visit the SLC Delta Sky Club today and it was awesome, so was the overall SLC airport. There was a hard sell for a delta branded Amex card since the attendant noticed I had to pay for my guest's access using my Amex platinum card. 85,000 point bonus on any of the cards plus he offered to refund the $50 guest access fee. I've really enjoyed my first time flying with Delta and will go with them again if the price is right 👍
Old Jun 20, 2023, 1:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
SLC received 56 requests for 12 available concession spots in this latest phase, all to open next fall.

6 food and drink concessionaires were chosen: Freddy's Steakburgers; Maggiano's Little Italy; Bambuza Vietnam Kitchen; The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf; Thirst "Fun Drinks and Treats"; and Sunday's Best, a local SLC all day brunch establishment.

6 retailers won space: Relay newsstand; Cotopaxi (clothing); Weller Books; The Canyon (art gift shop); Travel-Right; and iStore Express.

Looks pretty impressive.
hi55us and Pocatello like this.
Old Jun 20, 2023, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Phase 3 concessions will be:

Food and Beverage: Bambuza Vietnam Kitchen; Freddy’s Frozen Custard and Steakburgers; Maggiano’s Little Italy; Sunday’s Best; The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf; and Thirst.

Retail, News and Gift: Cotopaxi; iStore Express; Relay; Travel Right; The Canyon; and Weller Book Works

https://slcairport.com/assets/news/Say-Hello-to-Phase-3-Concessions.pdf

N830MH and Pocatello like this.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 11:34 am
Original Poster

3 more shops open. Burger King looks very close to opening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.