Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Platinum and baggage rules

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2019, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Delta Platinum and baggage rules

Hey all, tried to search for the answer but couldn’t find a definitive.

Looking to fly TATL from UK-USA soon, on the skymiles website it states that gold and higher can get free checked baggage. Want to check that it is regardless of ticket type booked ie. basic economy? Or must it be a main cabin fare?

Thanks for everyone’s input.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:16 am

Originally Posted by Brainless69
Hey all, tried to search for the answer but couldn’t find a definitive.

Looking to fly TATL from UK-USA soon, on the skymiles website it states that gold and higher can get free checked baggage. Want to check that it is regardless of ticket type booked ie. basic economy? Or must it be a main cabin fare?

Thanks for everyone’s input.

As a Platinum you are entitled to one 50 lb checked bags in addition to the standard checked baggage allowance. For flights between the US and UK, the bag allowance is one free 50 lb bag for Main Cabin or Comfort+; Basic Economy has no baggage allowance but your benefits of status apply.

See details here:
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...p/checked.html
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:34 am
Original Poster

So if I am reading it correctly I get one free checked bag on a Basic economy ticket on a Delta operated flight. So regardless if the ticket is a virgin marketed fare the skymiles benefit is still in place?
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:47 am

So if I am reading it correctly I get one free checked bag on a Basic economy ticket on a Delta operated flight. So regardless if the ticket is a virgin marketed fare the skymiles benefit is still in place?
Can't confirm, but I don't see why not.
Brainless69 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: DL DM (ST E+), AA PM, UA GM
Don't forget to make sure your DL SM is on the VS reservation and not a VS FF #.....
Brainless69 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Look here for VS info https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...ntic-faqs.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.