Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Air France / KLM O paid business class fare earning with Delta (Consolidated Thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France / KLM O paid business class fare earning with Delta (Consolidated Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
This has been discussed many times. Currently DL only has granted earnings for AF O, but not for KL O.
Thanks! Where did you get information that there is no mileage earning for KL O? Delta partner chart clearly shows earning for both KL and AF O?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AntonS
Thanks! Where did you get information that there is no mileage earning for KL O? Delta partner chart clearly shows earning for both KL and AF O?
The poster you are replying to is incorrect. KL O fares do earn on Delta, just at a reduced rate compared to other business class fares. I flew one last October and received the expected credit as indicated on delta.com.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, "alum" of high status with UA but not any more

Pulled this from delta.com just now
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:36 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Related previous threads:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delt...ing-delta.html

revenue business fare ticketed in 'o' class....

The latter is longer (and the first one contains a link to it) and the situation evolved from when it was first started to the most recent post.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I had a KL O fare AMS-PEK-CTU-AMS in summer 2018 and didn't earn miles.
Then the rule changed and O showed up at 100% sometime in mid-2019. I wrote and asked for retro credit based on the Jan 1, 2018 effective date on the web page. DL responded that it was too late to issue 'mileage' credit but awarded me what I would have earned as bonus miles (no MQD or MQM) but I thought it the right thing to do.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:23 pm

if you don't care about your additional MQMs, O is a good fare. you should still check the Z fare because often times they are just a bit more but you get 150% of the MQMs.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BenA
The poster you are replying to is incorrect. KL O fares do earn on Delta, just at a reduced rate compared to other business class fares. I flew one last October and received the expected credit as indicated on delta.com.
They hadn't been. For some reason they had added it to the AF section but not KL. Based on that some of use advised others to try and get credit. (The user had flown paid KL O, and of course DL was refusing credit) However they were being denied. It appears someone finally got it straightened out at DL.

I place the blame on AF/KL for not informing partners that O would now also be a paid fare class. At least it appears to now be fixed.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL DM
Any recent AF award flight credited to DL?

With all this free time lately as not in the air, I saw that Delta changed the earning rate of AF flights in their partners page.

Looks like that since January, the "O" class on AF earns 100% of miles flown in MQM and Miles, as well as 20% of miles flown in MQD.

However, the "O" class is the award/upgrade class for AF. Does anyone have experience actually getting MQDs/MQMs for this? Would be a pretty sweet-spot, just like KL GUCs clearing into Z that is still considered a paid class...
Old Mar 29, 2020, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by doudou91
With all this free time lately as not in the air, I saw that Delta changed the earning rate of AF flights in their partners page.

Looks like that since January, the "O" class on AF earns 100% of miles flown in MQM and Miles, as well as 20% of miles flown in MQD.

However, the "O" class is the award/upgrade class for AF. Does anyone have experience actually getting MQDs/MQMs for this? Would be a pretty sweet-spot, just like KL GUCs clearing into Z that is still considered a paid class...
​​​No, award flights do not earn. Paid O earns. There is no "sweet-spot"

Last edited by blagger; Mar 30, 2020 at 9:51 am Reason: Quoted OP after thread merge
Old Mar 29, 2020, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 360, UA 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by blagger
There is no "sweet-spot"
Wrong -- there is a "sweet spot". GUCs on KLM that clear into Z.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 1:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by doudou91

the change was made in july last year....deeply discounted business fares are ticketed in 'o' class, which has been a mileage earning class with dl for a while now....
Old Mar 30, 2020, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by A321neo
Wrong -- there is a "sweet spot". GUCs on KLM that clear into Z.
Perhaps you missed the context or arrived after the thread merge.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 7:22 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Just booked a WBC fare HKT(M Economy)-BKK (O Business)-MAN-(J Business) - I know v little about FB/Skyteam/Partners - any tips on best place to credit this? I understand that the O fare is a cheapo promotion Business fare & doesn't earn much. Worth looking into an upgrade into Z? Any useful input welcome!
Old Apr 7, 2021, 9:20 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I think part of the confusion comes from KLM and AF do NOT earn accelerator bonuses--only flts on DL metal and coded as DL do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.