Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

2019 - One Year, Seven Continents, all DL (save one)!

2019 - One Year, Seven Continents, all DL (save one)!

Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by AJDelvarno
North and South America, Europe, Asia and Antarctica done for this year and Africa in November. I am visiting American Samoa later this month and wonder whether this would be considered Australia. What land masses are included in the “Continent of Australia?” Just the big ones or a small one like American Samoa, too. Thoughts?
If you are using technically-correct continental plates to define continents, then American Samoa sadly would not qualify.

However, since this thread is talking about the seven-continent model, we're really using Australia (the continent) and Oceania interchangebaly, which would arguably include many of the scattered South Pacific islands.

Also, TIL, New Zealand actually sits on its own continental plate, rather than at the edge of the Australian plate.

Wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia_(continent)
AJDelvarno likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.