Fly Delta ios App "Chat With Us" feature

Old Jul 8, 19, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
I noticed that the option is no longer in my Fly Delta app. However, I can still use the feature in my messages app (I can start a chat with Delta by going to the old text message).
Old Jul 19, 19, 12:27 am

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, Global Entry, PL_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
I noticed that the option is no longer in my Fly Delta app. However, I can still use the feature in my messages app (I can start a chat with Delta by going to the old text message).
Is there a public address for your text messages? If so, it is email or a phone number?

I wanted to text the chat during flight to STR but it is nowhere to be found now in the iOS app.
Old Jul 19, 19, 6:27 am
Formerly known as scootr29

Looks like Delta chat is not 24/7.

If you need to speak with a representative our Messaging center hours are between 7am and 9:30pm ET, 7 days a week. You can also direct message on Twitter or Facebook or call us at 1-800-221-1212
Old Jul 19, 19, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post

Is there a public address for your text messages? If so, it is email or a phone number?

No. I can still access the text chain in my imessages app, and it still works, but there is no phone number or email. Apple has a special format for business chat and it does not reveal any contact info. I still don't have the option in my Delta app anymore.
Old Sep 8, 19, 10:15 am

Programs: Delta Diamond & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, ICH Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
Just noticed that my Fly Delta app now has a "chat with us" feature in the "more" tab that opens up iMessages in a mode called "business chats."
Mine reads "Message Us".

Xeno likes this.
Old Sep 12, 19, 10:50 am

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
I finally saw this in my app this week (I've been looking for it) and in good timing, need to use it a few times while on a flight suffering delays to make my connection. Its a good service, the thing that I hate about it is the constant verification that needs to happen for each discussion. Once verified, why can't they just know who I am?

Search this Thread