Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta T2 JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by monitor
Long live T2 and when you are coming on a domestic to JFK on DL, just make sure the flight number starts with a 2.
Not anymore! Flight numbers no longer follow the 2xx/4xx convention.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by cmd320

That said, I can't wait for T2 to get leveled. I hate that place with a passion. T4 needs to be expanded towards T2 and eventually just connect to T1.
Every time I fly DL out of JFK I hope for a T2 departure. Anything to avoid T4. T2 is so convenient.
rogo, sspontak, acrophobia and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 6:43 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ty97
Every time I fly DL out of JFK I hope for a T2 departure. Anything to avoid T4. T2 is so convenient.
Even better than a T2 departure is a T2 arrival.
rogo, sspontak and acrophobia like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not to the AirTrain. @:-)
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
Even better than a T2 departure is a T2 arrival.
My last T2 arrival, from LAS, we came into gate C69, which is literally on the other side of a wall from baggage carousel F, which is where our bags came out. 35 minutes later. At least we got our comp miles.

Yes, in theory T2 is great, but there always seems to be some snafu (PreCheck closed, overcrowded gates, long lines at Wendy's )
Old Jun 27, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ijgordon
My last T2 arrival, from LAS, we came into gate C69, which is literally on the other side of a wall from baggage carousel F, which is where our bags came out. 35 minutes later. At least we got our comp miles.

Yes, in theory T2 is great, but there always seems to be some snafu (PreCheck closed, overcrowded gates, long lines at Wendy's )
In T4 it would have taken you longer than that to hire a covered wagon to get from your arrival gate to baggage claim, and the last time I came in at T4 the only oxen available to pull the wagon had just dropped somebody off at the gate and had to be fed and watered before they were able to yoke up.
monitor likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Not to the AirTrain. @:-)
What? You don't enjoy navigating JFK traffic at street level with your luggage outside?
craig44485 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Carl Johnson
In T4 it would have taken you longer than that to hire a covered wagon to get from your arrival gate to baggage claim, and the last time I came in at T4 the only oxen available to pull the wagon had just dropped somebody off at the gate and had to be fed and watered before they were able to yoke up.
Lol, well my last T4 arrival was from BCN and we came in at the furthest gate before the regional concourse, B38 maybe? The first sign I saw said 14 minute walk to immigration. At least half of the moving sidewalks were running though! The silver lining was a short wait for the bags after clearing immigration.

FWIW, I'm also 2 for 2 on my Virgin departures being at the far end of the B concourse. But no way in he11 am I using the SkyClub!

Originally Posted by cmd320
What? You don't enjoy navigating JFK traffic at street level with your luggage outside?
I only enjoy it during blizzards.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat

Not anymore! Flight numbers no longer follow the 2xx/4xx convention.
Dislike.
AANYC1981 and Jon of Brooklyn like this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

I wonder if they will extend the A gates in T4 sooner rather than later. I saw where Delta's lease is up in 2020 for T2 and T2 will need to be demolished as part of the South Terminal project.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 11:18 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Don't know if this allowed

Why can't you just check in at T2 for your departure then take the connector shuttle to T4 behind security and avoid the long lines at security?
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It is allowed, but it's unlikely to save you any time, unless you needed to take the shuttle to the far end of the B gates anyway.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:17 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
I had a T2 flight two months and the SkyPriority lane was closed. None of the TSA people even knew what the lane was... Thankfully the general lane was short, maybe 10 people deep.

I think I'll miss T2 though. It's small and intimate and feels much more New Yawk than the other terminals or airports.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I went through there today and it was, as usual at T2, quick and painless. The Clear reps warned me that Pre-Check was closed and I needed to take out my laptop but show the BP and no shoes would be needed to take off. I put the BP away since nobody my age takes off shoes anyway and breezed through the regular line since the multiple bin system did not seem to confuse anyone so it moved briskly.

Sausages and eggs for breakfast in an uncrowded SkyClub and complete relaxation before the long and painful one minute journey to my gate. T2 rocks.
SuperG1955 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.