Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How long do you use the showers in SkyClubs?

How long do you use the showers in SkyClubs?

Old Jun 27, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by arunhn

i would have thought 16 minutes in that scenario
No, it should be shorter!

Anyways, 20-25 min should do it. Like SFTNYC noted, it takes a little longer if it's getting dressed for work vs. just a wake up and go shower.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
It would be faster if more clubs involved stronger vents.

I hate using the shower and having all the steam in there, which turns into sweat on your nice new shirt you put on.

Sometimes after I am dressed I crack the door for a minute so some of the steam escapes into the hall...but SkyClubs need the vents that get all the steam out basically by the time you're done...like some hotels etc have
Peatisback and Burj like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
10 minutes for the shower.
+ 5 for shaving (if between 2 long flights).
+ 5 if toilet inside the shower room.

But, if I see it is very busy for the shower, I will go to the normal toilet (and shave there also), to "free" the shower for other.

I think after 25 minutes the light inside the shower room must "flash" for few second (2 or 3), each minutes. After 30 minutes, the light must begin to "dim".
More than 30 minutes is excessive. Shower are there to use, not to squat...
Old Jun 27, 2019, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I have to use a bench to shower thanks to injuries. Thus it takes a bit longer for me. However I've never needed more than 30 minutes. Knocking and especially yelling really is poor form, especially before 30 minutes IMO. I use a shower at BNE regularly when flying CI TPE-AKL. They know I'll be out within 30. Even without anyone waiting they start knocking at 15-20.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: DL Plat
just experienced my first knock. i was using a shower at sfo and wrapping up after 15min when someone knocked.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: DL Plat
just experienced my first knock. i was using a shower at sfo and wrapping up after 15min when someone knocked.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by runningformqm
15 mins is ridiculous for a knock. The most I’ve ever spent in the shower room is 20 mins and I’m almost always in there for at least 15 mins.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
In/Out in 15 min.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Agree that 15 min is ridiculous for a knock.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I think this is the opposite of a long shower. JFK T4 the other day and there was a wait, so I got one of those buzzers they give out. Went and sat at one of those work counters looking out a window and got lost in work emails for a bit. Realized an hour had gone by and went back - they said they'd been trying to buzz me but the pagers don't work unless you're in the closest half of the club.

Ladies were super nice and just gave me the next shower room 5 min later; but I guess a heads up if you're ever trying to take a shower at JFK and are somewhat dazed from a long-haul flight.

I believe I spent exactly 14 min 53 sec in the shower room.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM, KLM Gold
Never received a knock even if it was 30 minutes but I usually base it off of how many showers are open.

And sorry if this is slightly off topic... But has anybody ever noticed that the water pressure at Concourse E ATL is way higher for the first 1-2 showers? When I'm put in the last row I just start shivering.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
10-20 min. Depends if I’m just refreshing or if I need to shave and clean up before a meeting once I get to my final destination.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: UA Plat 2MM, Delta Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott cardboard
15mins tops. I use the E club in ATL once a month and it's very crowded in the afternoon when I'm there. I just want to clean up and go to the club at B where the wine is better.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:07 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond; VS Gold; Uber Diamond
I usually take like an hour. SSS.

my first S is quite leisurely. Then for my second S I take longer than usual and combine it with my third S.

then, it inevitably takes me like 25 minutes to change into clothes again.

ETA: this is typically at JFK
Old Jul 24, 2019, 10:02 pm

Generally 15-20 mins. Agree on the lack of ventilation being an issue. If I’m cleaning up, I’m probably putting on a suit (and maybe tie) and the steam makes it extra uncomfortable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.