Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How long do you use the showers in SkyClubs?

Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United-1K, Marriott-Titanium Ambassador, Hyatt-Globalist

Just curious how long people use the shower rooms for? I got knocked on my door to politely be told to hurry up less than 15min in today which is the only time I've gotten a knock at any shower in any club.

I usually do 30-45min once I'm in the room. Typical SSS usually. Except DTW, no toilet in that room.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 6:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
never timed myself. but I usually leave when I am done. I guess if it was super busy they might knock to see if maybe someone is just about finished?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC
Never specifically timed myself, but I plan for 15-20 minutes. Can't imagine spending more time than that, really. There are plenty of regular bathrooms if you just need time in the library...
trooper, cre95, BenA and 7 others like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
20-25 mins. Much more than that and youre squatting.
cre95, krazykanuck, BenA and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:52 pm

Programs: Diamond Medallion, Delta Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist
usually 15 to 20 mins. However, if you use the showers in AMS over at the hotel tied to the airport it takes a bit longer because the water auto shuts off after 30 seconds and the pressure is next to zero. So you stand there and have to press the button over and over in what seems like forever.
trooper, BenA and iamjesse like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:57 pm

It may be having spent my formative years in the Navy.... but I could only spend 40 minutes in a bathroom if I was sitting on the throne reading 100 pages of a book after actually shaving/showering etc.... …..
15 minutes tops usually. I realise I may be an outlier there!!!!
indufan, CPMaverick, cre95 and 5 others like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
15 minutes
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:57 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by TheHorta
20-25 mins. Much more than that and youre squatting.
I see what you did there...
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
20-25 though I also got a door knock at JFK a few weeks ago after 10-15. Was rather surprised and when I left it was obvious that at least 2-3 of the other showers were empty so not sure why I got the knock.

It's almost always the same lady there and I've definitely done the usual 20-25 in the past with no knock so not sure why I got it that time
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
10-15 minutes. I'd rather be having a drink than in the shower room.

More than 30 minutes is ridiculous IMO. A knock at 30 minutes should be mandatory if people are waiting.
nogophers and Zeeb like this.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:45 am

To be honest, spending 30 - 45 minutes is excessive and it's being very unfair to other passengers who may be waiting. It realistically shouldn't take any longer than 20 - 25 minutes.

I always try shower as quickly as possible in airports, as I have been on the other side of the table waiting on someone to come out.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by trooper
It may be having spent my formative years in the Navy.... but I could only spend 40 minutes in a bathroom if I was sitting on the throne reading 100 pages of a book after actually shaving/showering etc.... ..
15 minutes tops usually. I realise I may be an outlier there!!!!

When water was rationed on my old HMS frigate, It was quite a quick rinse, turn off water, soap up, water on, then quick rinse. Even quicker if alongside for a run ashore :-)
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
15 minutes.. shave, shower and toilet , oh yeah wash hair
Old Jun 24, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
I am with the 15-20 minute group.

I don't rush, but also try not to dawdle.

I'm more conscious of the time if there is a wait list.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Also in the 15-20 min group. That includes a quick, seated review of FT threads as well; though I usually try to do that in the normal bathroom beforehand if I'm waiting (which in turn reduces the time I spend in the shower room as I assume others may be waiting).

I've only gotten the knock once - I forget where. When I came out a few minutes later the lady apologized for rushing me and said she had simply forgotten which rooms were occupied or not.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.