Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LGA standing room only and Delta closes a club

Old Jun 20, 19, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL Platinum, and assorted hotel loyalty schemes.

LGA is currently a complete disaster. Delta has closed the smaller C club despite lines out the door at the other two clubs. What's the logic in that?

Rant over
Old Jun 20, 19, 6:16 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Did they close early or was that the regularly scheduled hour to close?
Old Jun 20, 19, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfabar1 View Post
Did they close early or was that the regularly scheduled hour to close?
I tried to access it around 6:30 and they already had the sign out.

Edit to add: it did look like standing room only at 6:30 but so were the two other clubs and they weren't turning anyone away except for those who tried to use day passes.
Old Jun 20, 19, 8:29 pm

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Never seen SRO at either club. Why not focus on the real disaster at LGA - the taxi situation?
Old Jun 20, 19, 8:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by MEABFlyer View Post
I tried to access it around 6:30 and they already had the sign out.

Edit to add: it did look like standing room only at 6:30 but so were the two other clubs and they weren't turning anyone away except for those who tried to use day passes.
DL hasnít been selling real day passes for a while. The $29 AMEX admits are different.
Old Jun 20, 19, 8:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AANYC1981 View Post

DL hasnít been selling real day passes for a while. The $29 AMEX admits are different.
Yes, you're correct. I should have specified that the $29 AMEX passes are what they were not accepting/ selling.
Old Jun 20, 19, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yogimax View Post
Never seen SRO at either club. Why not focus on the real disaster at LGA - the taxi situation?
You should have been here this afternoon and evening.
Old Jun 23, 19, 6:43 am

Programs: DL DM (ST E+), AA PM, UA GM
Originally Posted by yogimax View Post
Because this isn't the taxi-talk forum?
Old Jun 23, 19, 10:31 am
ck8

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM/United Mileage Plus/Hilton Honors
I was there. On the LGA-MSP 2292 that was scheduled for 7:20pm. Then delayed to 10:30, and then midnight, and then we boarded at 2:00am only to be told the pilots invoked fatigue and then scheduled for 8am the next day when we took of another 45 minutes late waiting for catering and fuel. Said they were going to keep D concourse open all night, then changed their mind, forcing us over to C and then back over to D. Shortage of blankets, pillows and no cots even though the said they were setting them up. A complete disaster! Arrived back in MSP 13 hours late.
Old Jun 23, 19, 10:41 am

Programs: DL DM(segs)/MM, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
I was in ORD on the 20th and the club there was one in/one out. Last week was a terrible week for aviation weather East of the Mississippi. Significant GDPs at all the usual suspects as well as GDPs for aircraft flying to or from ZDC/ZNY. One of the days, ZJX/ZMA (which is pretty much all of Florida) were stopped for a while due to lack of routes.

I'm not excusing the clubs being full, but last week was one of the worst I recall in a long time for IROPS.
Old Jun 23, 19, 12:33 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I have been there when they have said only Members, Amex Platinum, and DL Reserve Platinum were allowed into the clubs. They tend to do that in extreme IROPS situations. It prevents them from being SRO, and also undoubtedly ensures they stay to code. Especially in a city like NYC if they had to provide space for everyone who either has or could buy access there’d be very little room left for the rest of the airport!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: