New Tumi pouch

Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:22 am

I love those little pens - stole an extra one recently after it was dropped by an FA onto the floor... In the meantime, Mack's silicone earplugs are always the way to go. If your earholes are small consider the child-sized ones.
jaimemayo likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM PM
Got the new pouch TATL out of ATL last night. So I'm 2 for 2 Eastbound TATL from different airports. Still no earplugs or tissues. Strangely enough they now place the Le Labo products in a paper pouch which is a waste of packaging, but could easily accommodate the earplugs if they wanted to make it not a waste.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by Gig103
I had to wait until work to check. "Howard Leight by Honeywell - Max". They have an NRR (noise reduction rating) of 33. They are a foam that you compress before inserting and they expand back out to fill your ear canal, so they fit and work way better than what DL was giving away. But that doesn't change the convenience of it being in a kit!
I use the same earplugs and love them as well. Plus it's like $20 for a 200 pack on Amazon that lasts me for a couple of years.
jaimemayo likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, HY-PL, National-Executive Elite, Hilton - Gold, Marriot-Gold, IGH-Gold
Love the new bag!

I love the new bags! I've been using the soft side bag for years and love the new format as a cable and plug bag when I travel. (MSP-ICN DL171 today)

I'll report back if the Westbound is any different.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I finally got one of the new ones (in one direction) as pictured in the OP. Still no earplugs, but in addition to the little purple pen, the socks are striped purple and charcoal and there's a purple cardboard band around it (no plastic bag, but the zipper is sealed) saying D1 and listing the contents. Toothpaste is a small (not tiny as in some previous versions) tube of Crest.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Haven't flown D1 since the new kit but have flown C+ a couple of times and annoyingly the FAs fail to differentiate the C+ kits from main cabin and on all my flights I've ended up with the main cabin (it's written in small print at the top of the pouch).

Big difference is no toothpaste / toothbrush in the main cabin "kit" vs the C+ "kit" which is annoying since I like to brush my teeth at the end of the flight but don't like to use my own toothbrush
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:50 pm

Sea-nrt in late August was the new pouch
nrt-sea a week later was the old soft tumi square pouch.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
the new pouch looks nice. last month flew LAS-JFK-DUB and between the two of us we got the island of misfit amenity kits. two hardshell, different colors. two of the old soft pouch, one with kiehls and one with le labo. I understand that the domestic d1 will get the hand-me-downs until they are gone, but I was at least hoping a tatl route would get the nice new ones.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Duke787
Haven't flown D1 since the new kit but have flown C+ a couple of times and annoyingly the FAs fail to differentiate the C+ kits from main cabin and on all my flights I've ended up with the main cabin (it's written in small print at the top of the pouch).

Big difference is no toothpaste / toothbrush in the main cabin "kit" vs the C+ "kit" which is annoying since I like to brush my teeth at the end of the flight but don't like to use my own toothbrush
There seems to be a supply issue still. Reports from others of getting PS kits while in D1 also.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by gooselee
There seems to be a supply issue still. Reports from others of getting PS kits while in D1 also.
It's happened to me, but never on routes that would be considered prime for DL. I suspect that DL prioritizes the provision of amenity kits. Sometimes the purser/FAs are oblivious (don't they pay any attention to what is/should be on D1 seats?) and sometimes they're able to find a proper D1 amenity kit when asked.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 10:13 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
DTW-PEK mid-July in D1, got PS kit though...
Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
The new ones are good for makeup. Uh, that's what my wife and daughter tell me, but it makes sense since they are flatter. The old soft-sided was good for computer cords because it was wider.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
I got the new pouches both ways on my trip to FRA last month. It is annoying that now that I am no longer so often in D1 (no GUCs for a "Fallen DM") they come up with a pouch I find useful. I may have to poach one of the ones left behind next time we exit door 1L
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by TheMadBrewer
I got the new pouches both ways on my trip to FRA last month. It is annoying that now that I am no longer so often in D1 (no GUCs for a "Fallen DM") they come up with a pouch I find useful. I may have to poach one of the ones left behind next time we exit door 1L
life hack: you can buy bags
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by daloosh
The new ones are good for makeup. Uh, that's what my wife and daughter tell me, but it makes sense since they are flatter. The old soft-sided was good for computer cords because it was wider.
I actually find the new kit is perfect for my standard-issue Dell laptop charger. I can bundle the small cord around the brick and then roll the brick-to-wall cord and set it "next" to the brick, resulting in an overall flat package that works better in my briefcase. The old kit had to hold them side-by-side creating a bulge. (Yes, FWP.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.