Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Tumi pouch

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2019, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
On this evening's JFK - CDG flight:

Rather like the AF pouch, soft and sleek. New lotions and potions from Le Labo, nicer than the Kiehl stuff imho. Pen is purple like the DL uniforms. Missing the earplugs, fortunately brought my own.
Very nice. That's a keeper!
jaimemayo likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:12 am

I received the new pouch AMS- JFK last week.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
LHR-JFK today. Still the old soft pouches but during the purser's intro to D1 she had a prepared speech it seems about DL's plastic reduction and that we would start to see new amenity kits over "the next few days".

So...for whatever that's worth.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
New low. DTW-PEK today. PE pouch at D1 seat, because of “supply issue”.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
No new ones for me yet. I'm still seeing the hard sided zippered box in one direction, although they're silver now rather than the original charcoal color, and the old soft zippered Tumi in the other direction. These are all suites 777 nonstops to/from MSP. [BTW, DL seems to have a reconfigured 777 subfleet based here that rotate among the CDG, HND, and ICN routes, although they're still scheduled to park overnight at MSP regularly.]

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jul 12, 2019 at 11:46 am
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by lonelygod
New low. DTW-PEK today. PE pouch at D1 seat, because of “supply issue”.
if this is a "new low" for you then you've been incredibly fortunate.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 4:05 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Finally, after multiple D1 flights - got the new kit depicted in this thread.... flew to Asia last week in D1 and got a completely different Tumi Kit.

This is my favorite one by far, followed by the one they give out in PS... Can't remember what I got on the flights to/from Asia last week - it was not the big boxy, and it was not the one from this thread, it was not memorable at all - but I didn't love it that's for sure.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
Flew AMS-DTW on Sunday. Got the old soft grey pouch.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:41 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Yeah need those ear plugs!!

Wish you could get the monogram for this new pouch
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
On the way back from Europe to ATL I got the old pouch.... wonder if the flights heading back home get the old ones, and the outbound flights get the new ones? Or maybe it is that I got the new Tumi pouch on a JFK flight, whereas Atlanta ones have the old ones.... or maybe it is just random
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
I recently flew DTW-AMS-DTW and got the soft grey pouch on both routes.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
jkk>cdg cdg>atl both gave the pouches. I tossed them what are they good for
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by knownothing
jkk>cdg cdg>atl both gave the pouches. I tossed them what are they good for
They can be good for lots of things.

Examples: Organizing cables or small electronics, pen/pencil pouch, holding feminine products, improving grammar, small tablet or large phone sleeve, snack pouch, toiletry bag, etc.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Plat-ist, Bonvoyyyyyyed, Hilton $15 Daily F&B Receiver, Food Lion MVP
Originally Posted by gooselee
They can be good for lots of things.

Examples: Organizing cables or small electronics, pen/pencil pouch, holding feminine products, improving grammar, small tablet or large phone sleeve, snack pouch, toiletry bag, etc.
Hahahaha
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Hilton Life Diamond, Hertz Presidents, former US former Charimans
No earplugs

The back of the paper wrapper had a "contents" list, and earplugs weren't on it... So they aren't forgotten, rather, they are removed from the kit. I was surprised this morning myself to find no earplugs. I then checked the Delta web site with the announcement and they have a photo of all the kits. No earplugs in Delta One nor in Premium. Yes earplugs in Comfort Plus and main cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.